Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Said who?

Some of their fans - In reality a player in the last year of his contract from League 1 wouldn't command anywhere near that sort of fee. 1-2 mill tops.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If Baldock said he would not be signing a new contract with Bristol City than 1 million would be about right because come January it would probably be half a million based on him being in the last year of his contract.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm going no for this one. Expecting a foreign striker.
Please bet accordingly.

That's my thinking also.

Better value for money and I'm led to believe our scouting network is now fully established across Europe.

A physical presence with an eye for goal plucked out of the Spanish / Dutch / German lower divisions.

And to be honest I'd rather we went down that route than pay an over inflated price for a British striker.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I believe baldock was a target for the third striker but we got o'grady in so now we're looking to fill the vacant ulloa position. I don't think baldock was ever seen as first choice striker so I'd be very surprised if he was still on our wish list

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seems that the ones that come have never been on the list that we discuss in advance. On that basis alone I don't expect this to happen

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I've been underwhelmed by all of our 6 apparent signings so far!.

A bloke who was playing in the Champions league.
A former-Prem goalie.
A bloke who's played over 200 games at the top level and is younger than Upson.
A guy who scored 15 Championship goals last season.
A club captain of an Eredivisie side who played over 200 games in the top division and scored 14 in 54 for his previous club.

Can't think of a sixth player.
Apparent?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wouldn't be surprised to see Baldock join and for the club to sign a European striker for £2m or more. I wouldn't be shocked for another loan forward to join too, with CMS being shipped out

e49d88b1d98c0d632f24a42034176232.jpg

And

BhflT7bCMAAttW-.jpg

?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well something be stirring at BHAFC I tell thee, and I feel that it is imminent!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A former-Prem goalie.
A club captain of an Eredivisie side who played over 200 games in the top division and scored 14 in 54 for his previous club.

Apparent?

The sixth is one of Liverpool's most promising youngsters, highly rated by their manager and club captain.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A former-Prem goalie.

Apparent?

Sorry mate! I went to give you a thumbs up and did thumbs down instead..woops!

Good post. People seem to forget we've had a better start to this season than last!

With more to come in, I'm feeling reasonably happy of a competitive season, after all, the league isn't won or lost in August!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here