Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fa cup semi final

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I've been very torn who I want to win here. Extra time will now tire Wigan legs. However did we want them fresh or not for the Reading game? If they beat Reading and Reading drop points at Leicester, that could give us the best chance of a clearer run for 6th place. However if Wigan lost to Reading and Reading got anything against Leicester we would perhaps still be left hoping needing them both to slip up in the rest of the season. I'm not sure that there will be much benefit of 5th vs 6th place. Both would be away second leg in the playoff and I'm not bothered about whether we would want to play Derby or QPR (and they are pretty close for 3rd/4th anyway). I guess Wigan going through might mean that if we played them in a playoff semi-final or final they might be affected by having to think about an FA CUP final a week before the playoff final. However I wouldn't want to play Wigan in the final with their Wembley experience.

I guess now Wigan are exhausted anyway I would prefer them to win the penalty shoot out that is about to start. Not least because I hate Arsenal!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, this could be the making of Arsenals season.. whats left.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If we were to get to the play offs and if we get to the final and if it goes to penalties, can we borrow Wenger to do some penalty practice? Theirs were superb.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've been very torn who I want to win here. Extra time will now tire Wigan legs. However did we want them fresh or not for the Reading game? If they beat Reading and Reading drop points at Leicester, that could give us the best chance of a clearer run for 6th place. However if Wigan lost to Reading and Reading got anything against Leicester we would perhaps still be left hoping needing them both to slip up in the rest of the season. I'm not sure that there will be much benefit of 5th vs 6th place. Both would be away second leg in the playoff and I'm not bothered about whether we would want to play Derby or QPR (and they are pretty close for 3rd/4th anyway). I guess Wigan going through might mean that if we played them in a playoff semi-final or final they might be affected by having to think about an FA CUP final a week before the playoff final. However I wouldn't want to play Wigan in the final with their Wembley experience.

I guess now Wigan are exhausted anyway I would prefer them to win the penalty shoot out that is about to start. Not least because I hate Arsenal!

I think you have most things covered in that post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that'll please the fella sat behind me today.

He spent most of the first half talking about Arsenal.
Although he did prove a highlight on 41 mins when he said:-

'no one will score now', and left for a pie :facepalm:

Over the whole game him and his mate must have 90% of the time talking about Arsenal, the FA cup & the Premier League.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Semi-final played at Wembley, on a Saturday evening, 24 hours before the other semi-final. Tie settled on penalties at first time of asking with no replay. What a crock of shit the FA Cup has become over the past however many years. It's hard to give the FA Cup any respect these days when the FA themselves have systematically dismantled everything that made it so special when I was a kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here