Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltrey.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When you know you are about to die I doubt if you feel like living off anything but rather enjoy what you are good at. It's gonna be grim if you are diagnosed with anything terminal.

But I wouldn't make a song and dance about it. :smile:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But I wouldn't make a song and dance about it. :smile:

He's enjoying himself, plenty of other people are enjoying what he is doing, and so plenty of people are happy about it.

I doubt whether your sad small-minded comments will make any difference to all that.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He's had to pull out of an album signing session tonight as he's feeling unwell. I just hope this isn't the beginning of the end for him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I doubt whether your sad small-minded comments will make any difference to all that.

Just bare in mind that just because somebody has different tastes to your own, it doesn't necessarily follow his tastes are bad.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just bare in mind that just because somebody has different tastes to your own, it doesn't necessarily follow his tastes are bad.

You weren't on about 'tastes'. You were on about terminally ill people shouldn't be 'making a song and dance' and enjoying themselves doing what they do best.

We know you wouldn't make a 'song and dance' about it, you broadcast far too much misery for you to consider enjoyment as being a good thing.

But thanks for letting us know you don't like it. We feel quite enlightened about it now.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just bare (sic) in mind that just because somebody has different tastes to your own, it doesn't necessarily follow his tastes are bad.

but in these circumstances your comments are, frankly, in bad taste. If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all applies here.

I don't want to get into a pointless debate on this, but given your post count I suspect you will want the last word.

PG

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just making the point that I wouldn't buy an album because someone was dying. I also wouldn't buy an album because someone USED to be good.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
but in these circumstances your comments are, frankly, in bad taste. If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all applies here.

I don't want to get into a pointless debate on this, but given your post count I suspect you will want the last word.

PG

Just making the point that I wouldn't buy an album because someone was dying. I also wouldn't buy an album because someone USED to be good.

Just maybe, people like Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltry. I do, (I have bought the album0 as, it seems, others on here do, so we are praising the album.
But you, being your "Up Your Own Arse as per usual, have to have an opinion that whatever you say is right.

And Peter Grummitt was right, you had to have the last word. Tough shit, iv'e topped you, but i'm sure you will get in again to get the final say.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
One day people may be able to show differences of opinions without throwing insults. Daltrey is past his best and I'll tell him as much next time I visit him.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
One day people may be able to show differences of opinions without throwing insults. Daltrey is past his best and I'll tell him as much next time I visit him.

I agree that Daltrey is past his best but Wilko is playing as well now as he ever has done & I should know because I've seen him live at least 30 times over the years.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Wilko pulled out of a record signing session today due to illness with Roger taking his place. I really hope he's ok. I've got a ticket for Hammersmith on Friday to see him support Quo, would be such a shame if he wasn't well enough for his big concert finale.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
Downloaded it yesterday and have listened to it all day long. Excellent. RnB is not dead!

Not sure why people want to criticise - just listen to the music and enjoy.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I think, in a strange way, that was what I was trying to say. Live and let live.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Wilko pulled out of a record signing session today due to illness with Roger taking his place. I really hope he's ok. I've got a ticket for Hammersmith on Friday to see him support Quo, would be such a shame if he wasn't well enough for his big concert finale.
Sounds like he was ok yesterday. I'm at the same show on Friday. Cannot wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here