Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

:lolol::thumbsup:

My views have kind of already been said....

Windows open and yet scared of an intruder
You'd know if you got up if your gf was in the bed or not
Who the **** would think a burgler would raid the bathroom
Why didn't he shout at to see who it was before shooting
The neighbours heard 'blood curdling screams' then shots. Even if he was unsure and fired a shot you'd think he'd then hear a scream and stop...Unlikely you'd just unleash 4 bullets...

GUILTY :clap: GUILTY :clap: GUILTY :clap:

All stinks to me

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
ok, fair enough. As someone who carries a gun, do you think though that his actions were reckless in the extreme?

If there was an intruder, they were in a locked toilet - they were not going anywhere. The logical course of action is call out to whoever is in there and, if they are not someone you want in the house, train your gun on the door whilst you call security - they will be there in 2 minutes.
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The only explanation was that he was off his head on drugs. Even then you don't shoot through a door 4 times without being damn sure who was on the other side, totally over the top. He should be sent down for a long time, 10 years minimum for an " accident " and life if guility. You just can't do what he did.

Oscar was still an athlete at the time of the shooting, meaning that he could have been subject to a random drug test at any time. He does sound a bit hot headed but I would be very surprised if he had taken any drugs.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
they should just stop the trial now - he's guilty and it's getting silly.......but i suppose it makes good tv for the mentally insane.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just had a look at today's proceedings, apparently a police forensics expert was demonstrating how the toilet door was broken in by Oscar using a cricket bat. Luckily the defendant is not an England cricketer, the door would have been unmarked.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just had a look at today's proceedings, apparently a police forensics expert was demonstrating how the toilet door was broken in by Oscar using a cricket bat. Luckily the defendant is not an England cricketer, the door would have been unmarked.

I've been seeing that, and it seems like ssn are presenting it as something along the lines of 'forensic expert supports Oscar Pistorius's version of events' because he claimed the the angle of the mark made by the bat is such that you'd be a certain height (Oscar claims he didn't have prosthetics on, the prosecution claim he did). The prosecution then got the expert to try to knock the door in the way he claims Pistorius did, but when he got on his knees, the expert couldn't balance on just his knees, the prosecutor also got the expert to change angles and bend over and the mark would fit, and then they revealed parts of the door are missing and the expert has no experience with cases involving suspects with missing limbs. So ssn headline introduction seems to paint it as more positive/decisive for Oscar than it seems to me.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Just a thought, and maybe it's only me. But how many of us just living with our partners lock the bathroom door in the middle of the night, I don't, nor apparently does my other half, I've just asked her!
Soooo I wonder if she only locked the door because she was petrified. Besides, if a burglar is so daft as to lock himself in the khazi why wouldn't you just call the police. Sorry, but it stinks. Take him down ???

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've been seeing that, and it seems like ssn are presenting it as something along the lines of 'forensic expert supports Oscar Pistorius's version of events' because he claimed the the angle of the mark made by the bat is such that you'd be a certain height (Oscar claims he didn't have prosthetics on, the prosecution claim he did). The prosecution then got the expert to try to knock the door in the way he claims Pistorius did, but when he got on his knees, the expert couldn't balance on just his knees, the prosecutor also got the expert to change angles and bend over and the mark would fit, and then they revealed parts of the door are missing and the expert has no experience with cases involving suspects with missing limbs. So ssn headline introduction seems to paint it as more positive/decisive for Oscar than it seems to me.

OP had a massive smile on this point.

But he had already said that first he went on his stumps to the balcony, pulled in two fans, and closed the sliding door. Getting two standing fans in from the balcony just on your stumps sounds like it would be just as easy as using the cricket bat on the door.

Which leaves me thinking that he had his legs on all the time, or he lied about getting the fans in to help his story.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just a thought, and maybe it's only me. But how many of us just living with our partners lock the bathroom door in the middle of the night, I don't, nor apparently does my other half, I've just asked her!
Soooo I wonder if she only locked the door because she was petrified. Besides, if a burglar is so daft as to lock himself in the khazi why wouldn't you just call the police. Sorry, but it stinks. Take him down ???

Valid point, thinking about it it would be odd in a relationship unless, as a woman, you were doing something very personal or as a man, curling out a stinker.However, as a burglar, it would be odd to break in through a bathroom window and then lock yourself in.....

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep that was a point I made on here the other day, it wouldn't make any sense.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Valid point, thinking about it it would be odd in a relationship unless, as a woman, you were doing something very personal or as a man, curling out a stinker .However, as a burglar, it would be odd to break in through a bathroom window and then lock yourself in.....

Too, too, too much detail....... :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
OP had a massive smile on this point.

But he had already said that first he went on his stumps to the balcony, pulled in two fans, and closed the sliding door. Getting two standing fans in from the balcony just on your stumps sounds like it would be just as easy as using the cricket bat on the door.

Which leaves me thinking that he had his legs on all the time, or he lied about getting the fans in to help his story.

Well, I would think there's a difference between moving two standing fans (which can be used to help you keep your balance) and standing there and swinging a bat hard enough to damage a door.

Now ssn are presenting it as contradicting Pistorius, which seems more accurate to me (though, to be honest the expert didn't really seem like much of an expert to me so not sure much stock can be put in his testimony).

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Well, I would think there's a difference between moving two standing fans (which can be used to help you keep your balance) and standing there and swinging a bat hard enough to damage a door.

Now ssn are presenting it as contradicting Pistorius, which seems more accurate to me (though, to be honest the expert didn't really seem like much of an expert to me so not sure much stock can be put in his testimony).

I don't know, I've got a standing fan and have just strapped my ankles up to my butt to try moving it myself. On the evidence I have just provided to me I believe that he must have had his legs on to carry the fans in.

However I did say in my post that I believed he lied about bringing the fans in, in the first place, which was his excuse for not noticing Reeva getting out of bed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Isn't it the other way round, Pistorius claims he had his legs on but the expert suggests the blows to the door were from a low angle suggesting he was on his stumps. The prosecution suggested he try balance on his knees but let's be honest, Pistorius would be used to getting about on his stumps whereas the expert isn't. I doubt that won't be lost on the judge bearing in mind it is her they have to convince and not a jury.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't it the other way round, Pistorius claims he had his legs on but the expert suggests the blows to the door were from a low angle suggesting he was on his stumps. The prosecution suggested he try balance on his knees but let's be honest, Pistorius would be used to getting about on his stumps whereas the expert isn't. I doubt that won't be lost on the judge bearing in mind it is her they have to convince and not a jury.

Quite possibly. I find the whole thing a bit confusing. Not sure I really understand why having the legs on or not shows he did it deliberately or genuinely thought it was an intruder.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
1. she locked herself into the bathroom when he went into a rage.
2. he battered the door down and shot her a few times.

I can't believe they are going to peddle this trial out for a few more weeks - the judge must be thick....but hey, the corporations paying for ads during the TV have audience figures in their contracts.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Quite possibly. I find the whole thing a bit confusing. Not sure I really understand why having the legs on or not shows he did it deliberately or genuinely thought it was an intruder.

It doesn't, it's more down to the prosecution trying to catch him out on a lie, and if he has lied, why? Obviously they haven't caught him out on this point.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Didn't really understand how nasty the Black Talon bullets were that Oscar used until I saw this.

black talon.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here