Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four players in contention for a return on Sunday

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Hardly any. He's done about 35 press conferences this pre-season/season so far talking about 100+ different updates with much of the squad re: injuries. Nearly all turn out as reported. Yep. Bruno they said was going to be fit but he wasn't.. Knockaert wasn't going to be available for AM but he was.
It's > 95% and even then it's because they decide to be cautious and not risk the player in the end.

Oh come on, be realistic. There are far, far, far more times this happens than you mention. Brown has been due back since the international break and do not get me started on the Baldock thing, last season he was due back every game for about 2 months and the goalposts move all the time once again. To say 95% of the 'should be back for the next game remarks' are correct is utter nonsense.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bong didn't look great to me on Tuesday. Would actually probably go Rosenior at LB with all the problems that causes although all 3 options seem OK just not great but I'd trust him the most as a team player and an experienced head.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Oh come on, be realistic. There are far, far, far more times this happens than you mention. Brown has been due back since the international break and do not get me started on the Baldock thing, last season he was due back every game for about 2 months and the goalposts move all the time once again. To say 95% of the 'should be back for the next game remarks' are correct is utter nonsense.

"far far more times this happens"

Ok.presumably easy to name a few from this season.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
"far far more times this happens"

Ok.presumably easy to name a few from this season.

Bruno more than once, Brown, Bong, Baldock, Murray- Basically any one who has been injured. If it was 95% accurate then do you think it would have become this noticeable to Brighton fans? Whatever is said in the lead up to a game about players possibly being back you may as well ignore, the reports mean next to nothing, in fact before Bmouth it wasn't even Bruno may be back, it was Bruno IS FIT to play.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Bruno more than once, Brown, Bong, Baldock, Murray- Basically any one who has been injured. If it was 95% accurate then do you think it would have become this noticeable to Brighton fans? Whatever is said in the lead up to a game about players possibly being back you may as well ignore, the reports mean next to nothing, in fact before Bmouth it wasn't even Bruno may be back, it was Bruno IS FIT to play.

Yes. Bruno.

Anything else. ?

You know there have been over 100 comments by Hughton on dozens of players fitness progress this season.

You've named 1. Any more. ?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yes. Bruno.

Anything else. ?

You know there have been over 100 comments by Hughton on dozens of players fitness progress this season.

You've named 1. Any more. ?

I've already told you that in the post you quoted.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I've already told you that in the post you quoted.

Glenn Murray
Sept 7th:
Hughton
“Glenn trained this morning which is a real plus.
“Tomer had a scare midweek but we've assessed him and think he will be fine.
“Our thoughts are that they will be available
Sept 11th : Both Tomer and Glenn named in the squad.

Bong
Monday : Hughton: Bong will be fit for Bournemouth Caribou Cup, Murray and Brown won't be available.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...urnemouth_part_two____but_problems_elsewhere/
Tuesday: Bong plays v Bournemouth, Brown and Murray aren't in squad.

"the reports mean next to nothing"

Except when they do.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Glenn Murray
Sept 7th:
Hughton
“Glenn trained this morning which is a real plus.
“Tomer had a scare midweek but we've assessed him and think he will be fine.
“Our thoughts are that they will be available
Sept 11th : Both Tomer and Glenn named in the squad.

Bong
Monday : Hughton: Bong will be fit for Bournemouth Caribou Cup, Murray and Brown won't be available.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...urnemouth_part_two____but_problems_elsewhere/
Tuesday: Bong plays v Bournemouth, Brown and Murray aren't in squad.

"the reports mean next to nothing"

Except when they do.

So you have just cherry picked some examples of when it was right. My point was that you claim it is a 95% accuracy rate, it clearly isn't, call it 60/40 if you like but your % claim is that they are nearly all spot on which even you know is not true at all.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
So you have just cherry picked some examples of when it was right. My point was that you claim it is a 95% accuracy rate, it clearly isn't, call it 60/40 if you like but your % claim is that they are nearly all spot on which even you know is not true at all.

I'll do some more if you like !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll do some more if you like !

I've a better idea, let's wait and see how many of the four mentioned are in the squad this weekend. I'll put my neck on the line and say 2 and Brown won't be one of them. Unless 'being in contention" means they still may not make the squad, but all four can be considered first team players so I'd expect to see them all there, based on CH's remarks.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Brown won't be one of them. ...I'd expect to see them all there, based on CH's remarks.

If you've read Hughton's actual remarks then you wouldn't expect them all to be there because he hasn't said that.
""Izzy Brown has been back in training this week and we'll make a decision about his inclusion."

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you've read Hughton's actual remarks then you wouldn't expect them all to be there because he hasn't said that.
""Izzy Brown has been back in training this week and we'll make a decision about his inclusion."

True, that remark is like shouting "no chance" :thumbsup:

I wonder who'll be back first, Brown or Baldock.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
True, that remark is like shouting "no chance" :thumbsup:

Or more boringly its just what it is ? He's back in training after 4/5 weeks out and its Thursday morning so Hughton is saying he'll make a decision closer to the game which is on Sunday.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Or more boringly its just what it is ? He's back in training after 4/5 weeks out and its Thursday morning so Hughton is saying he'll make a decision closer to the game which is on Sunday.

Better to say back in training but unlikely to be ready for a while yet. Then there would be no hopes raised but intimating that a forward with pace may be ready will raise expectations, given the paucity up front.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here