Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Striker Problem

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What's the matter bro? Don't appreciate a bit of satire?

I genuinely don't understand what you're going on about but, I'm sorry(?)

You misunderstood a little sarcasm earlier (which was hardly masked) and I don't really get what's going on now but again, sorry(?)

Anyway, my post count is about 3 posts a day since I joined. Don't think that's too bad but I'm sorry(?) it's so high.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I genuinely don't understand what you're going on about but, I'm sorry(?)

You misunderstood a little sarcasm earlier (which was hardly masked) and I don't really get what's going on now but again, sorry(?)

Anyway, my post count is about 3 posts a day since I joined. Don't think that's too bad but I'm sorry(?) it's so high.

That's fair enough, I think(?) ???

I don't spend enough time on here to presuppose the level of abuse that you dole out personally (and I wasn't about to go check) but I have to say I have been unsettled by the amount of bullying I have seen on here generally, in recent visits. This thread is a good example.

That aside, I actually wasn't sure if you were joking or not. It seems a bit more like a wind-up than friendly sarcasm to me. If you had meant it as mere sarcasm you might have wanted to employ the use of an emoji. Hardly masked, my little arse! :)

Anyway, I am genuinely sorry if I upset you by casting aspersions in the direction of your post count. I was only joking, obviously.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What do you expect?

Judging by the grammar and spelling of most of the knuckle-dragging trolls on here I expect most of them would have trouble spelling sarcasm, let alone using it correctly.

7,610 and counting. Are you going to throw a party when you reach ten thousand?

You know, maybe get out of the house for a bit?

That's fair enough, I think(?) ???

I don't spend enough time on here to presuppose the level of abuse that you dole out personally (and I wasn't about to go check) but I have to say I have been unsettled by the amount of bullying I have seen on here generally, in recent visits. This thread is a good example.

That aside, I actually wasn't sure if you were joking or not. It seems a bit more like a wind-up than friendly sarcasm to me. If you had meant it as mere sarcasm you might have wanted to employ the use of an emoji. Hardly masked, my little arse! :)

Anyway, I am genuinely sorry if I upset you by casting aspersions in the direction of your post count. I was only joking, obviously.

I completely agree with you about the bullying on this thread.

My post was quite...gentle. Sorry it made you cross.

I've just been out for a lovely cycle in the mountains. Obviously I missed out on valuable posting time, but there you go. My life's fine, thanks.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I completely agree with you about the bullying on this thread.

My post was quite...gentle. Sorry it made you cross.

I've just been out for a lovely cycle in the mountains. Obviously I missed out on valuable posting time, but there you go. My life's fine, thanks.

I believe you were taking the piss with the sole purpose of winding me up. It worked. So I did the same. That seemed to work too. I'm sorry if this is in any way unexpected.

I'm glad you had a nice bike ride. I love the mountains too.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I believe you were taking the piss with the sole purpose of winding me up. It worked. So I did the same. That seemed to work too. I'm sorry if this is in any way unexpected.

I'm glad you had a nice bike ride. I love the mountains too.

Thanks.

You responded angrily to a post that, it seemed to me, was supporting the sensible point that you had made, in a satirical way. I thought your anger to the other poster was unjustified and over the top.

I wasn't trying to wind you up, but you seem determined to find offence in the most innocuous of posts. It seems that your default position is that most posters are wankers.

Save your ire for those who jumped on the poor lad who wrote the blog, which, by the way, I would love to read.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You responded angrily to a post that, it seemed to me, was supporting the sensible point that you had made, in a satirical way. .

Correct. I was actually agreeing with him about bullying on the board and told me to "get a life".

This is like agreeing with the wife that her friend is being "out of order" but then being shouted at for slagging off her friends.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Thanks.

You responded angrily to a post that, it seemed to me, was supporting the sensible point that you had made, in a satirical way. I thought your anger to the other poster was unjustified and over the top.

I wasn't trying to wind you up, but you seem determined to find offence in the most innocuous of posts. It seems that your default position is that most posters are wankers.

Save your ire for those who jumped on the poor lad who wrote the blog, which, by the way, I would love to read.

I think that, given the general level of abuse on here, the other poster might have done well to make his sarcasm a little more obvious. Without some qualifying gesture, the post looks rude and a bit stupid. Not, I'm afraid, unlike a lot of genuine posts on this fair site.

I don't think my default position is that at all. The problem is that this site is, for the most part, dominated by angry trolls the likes of whom abused our poor, now long-gone O.P.

If anything, I felt that your little double act was a mild form of bullying in itself. Rather than make your point to me, you snigger together and point in my direction.

I agree with you about the kid's work, though. I'd like to read it too but more than that I'd like him to know that there are more of us sensible, largely silent members of NSC than angry trolls and not to give in to bullying!

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Thanks.

Correct. I was actually agreeing with him about bullying on the board and told me to "get a life".

This is like agreeing with the wife that her friend is being "out of order" but then being shouted at for slagging off her friends.

But, actually, I think you're both wrong.

Your analogy might sound plausible but your assumptions are bogus.

I responded by taking the piss. I wasn't angry, I was taking the piss.

This was my post:

Proves my point perfectly.

Keep digging that there hole sunshine!

Seriously. Where is the anger in that? I don't see any.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
But, actually, I think you're both wrong.

Your analogy might sound plausible but your assumptions are bogus.

I responded by taking the piss. I wasn't angry, I was taking the piss.

This was my post:

Seriously. Where is the anger in that? I don't see any.

OK, misunderstandings all round. Peace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here