[Albion] East lower and north...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Wow someone has critisised the North stand, they won't be happy with that. The North stand is where the only real fans gather, the rest of us are just tinpot

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The vast numbers leaving early has been a feature of the Amex years, right from the beginning (except Wigan - Easter 2017).

People might disagree, but I put it down to the isolated out of town site with the various modes of transport all giving long queues as 30,000 people depart. Leaving on say 88 minutes versus full time can mean getting home the best part of an hour earlier on the park'n'rides for example.

Everyone's different. Some like to make a big afternoon of it all and drink with mates afterwards, whilst others aren't into the whole football experience that much.

It happens at every football club. Every ground I have visited I have witnessed supporters dashing out well before final whistle. It's an odd mentality that I don't really understand

I’m glad a good number so leave early.

Could you imagine an extra 5000 or so trying to get a train 10 minutes after the final whistle? The early leavers do us all a favour with our exit times.

As for the OP having a dig at the family stand for empying early on a cold and VERY wet night...............

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm not saying that anyone's right or wrong, because everyone who leaves early has a reason of their own for doing so.

But I managed to get a Spanish friend of mine who has supported the club from a distance over a period of many years a ticket for yesterday's game. He has a problem with confined spaces and I knew that the train back would be difficult for him, so I said I'd understand if he wanted to leave early, although I'd be staying to the bitter end. He said he didn't want to miss a second no matter what.

Maybe watching the Albion playing one of the top clubs in the country isn't special enough for some people any more. But others are happy to spend money on airfares and put themselves through personal discomfort to do it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not saying that anyone's right or wrong, because everyone who leaves early has a reason of their own for doing so.

But I managed to get a Spanish friend of mine who has supported the club from a distance over a period of many years a ticket for yesterday's game. He has a problem with confined spaces and I knew that the train back would be difficult for him, so I said I'd understand if he wanted to leave early, although I'd be staying to the bitter end. He said he didn't want to miss a second no matter what.

Maybe watching the Albion playing one of the top clubs in the country isn't special enough for some people any more. But others are happy to spend money on airfares and put themselves through personal discomfort to do it.

That's great, but it sounds like it's a one-off event for your friend, or at lest a once in a while special treat. Would he put himself through that discomfort if he was coming every other week for 10 months of the year?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It happens at every football club. Every ground I have visited I have witnessed supporters dashing out well before final whistle. It's an odd mentality that I don't really understand

5Live in the last hour had a call from an Arsenal fan, who said they couldn't afford to go to the Emirates and thought that the fans who took their seats late today, took a half hour break at h/t for the concourses and then left early were abusing the privilege of holding a s/t. Chris Sutton agreed, "why would people not want to see all the action?".

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m glad a good number so leave early.

Could you imagine an extra 5000 or so trying to get a train 10 minutes after the final whistle? The early leavers do us all a favour with our exit times.

As for the OP having a dig at the family stand for empying early on a cold and VERY wet night...............
But they don't do they, not really? They're just in queues. Outside. Missing the football. And not helping the team WIN!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But they don't do they, not really? They're just in queues. Outside. Missing the football. And not helping the team WIN!

You reckon if everyone stayed on Saturday night, the Albion would've WON? :D

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
5Live in the last hour had a call from an Arsenal fan, who said they couldn't afford to go to the Emirates and thought that the fans who took their seats late today, took a half hour break at h/t for the concourses and then left early were abusing the privilege of holding a s/t. Chris Sutton agreed, "why would people not want to see all the action?".

I'm struggling to see a 'cause and effect' in what this guy is saying... He can't afford to go. If someone said, "you know, I only see 50mins of soccer when I go so I'll give up my season ticket, some uber-fan can take it instead.", it won't be this bloke. He. Can't. Afford. To. Go. Does he honestly believe that the most expensive season tickets in the league will crash in price when the 85-minuters all give up their tickets? Or will there be a long list of others taking up those seats at that price? Deluded!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The ESU emptied fairly quickly too, but that is people's right, isn't it?

Once you buy something you have the right to choose how you use it, I'll except it would be selfish not to use it at all but if you choose to leave early fair play. I do accept that leaving as we do, after the final whistle and a quick applaud for the players, does mean we get caught up in a fair amount of queuing and when my lads were younger I'd leave on 88 to avoid some of this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read the whole thread but I think [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] must have been pissed as well as pissed off when he posted this thread :smile:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Its not the early leavers who mess up the Lewes bound trains its selfish twats who won't get on the first train and change at Lewes they just stand on the platform until their train comes in clogging the platform up for the rest of the queue on the bridge and slopes. Loads of those who leave early are on the platform still when the rest of us get there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here