Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere...

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
Living in Germany, I watched on a subscription service last night. The German commentators twice remarked that the ground was "the loudest they had ever heard on this island".

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It's weird about the acoustics. I was in the Lower East next to the United fans and for most of the game they were all I could hear. I knew the North stand must have been putting in a shift because, like someone said about the Man U fans: I could see them moving, but the noise doesn't really carry to the southern end of the ground. That is NOT having a go, I've been in the North and and the northern end of the ground and I know how loud it can be when everybody's up for it (which they were last night), so it is just the way the sound travels from one end to the other.

However when the whole ground joined in it was deafening! Even in the family section people were singing, indeed it was gratifying and uplifting to see so many children standing on their seats yelling abuse at the United fans.

The East stand was singing? Someone call the police!!

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
West Stand, close to the South I could hear both us (in the West) and the ManU fans in the south. They were singing a lot in the first half, but a lot less in the second. I have no idea what they were singing, though - for ages they appeared to be chanting "City, Liverpool" but I would guess I missed some crucial word in there.

Loved it when the whole ground (minus ManU) was singing. Scenes.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Utd fans are a weird bunch, most of their songs seem to be about their rivals. I know we have a couple of Palace chants but it felt like 90% of the time they were singing about Liverpool!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
West Stand, close to the South I could hear both us (in the West) and the ManU fans in the south. They were singing a lot in the first half, but a lot less in the second. I have no idea what they were singing, though - for ages they appeared to be chanting "City, Liverpool" but I would guess I missed some crucial word in there.

Loved it when the whole ground (minus ManU) was singing. Scenes.

Watching on a stream the difference in the halves was noticeable. We were quieter in the first half, so you could hear Utd. But the second half was just deafening (I kept trying to persuade my missus that if she wanted something exciting, I could plug the laptop into the TV - but no, she was happier watching some programme about plastic surgery). The main chant I could make out from the Utd fans was 'we hate Leeds scum, we hate Leeds scum, we hate Leeds scum..' ad infinitum. They seem obsessed with Leeds.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Utd fans are a weird bunch, most of their songs seem to be about their rivals. I know we have a couple of Palace chants but it felt like 90% of the time they were singing about Liverpool!!

I couldn't hear them! Whenever they even tried to start a chant, they were drowned out by a cacophony of noise from every part of the ground! Even the United fans must have been impressed! It was a cauldron and it was United that were intimidated!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Our support was immense last night. From the family stand near the north, I could only make out 'Wembley' songs from Man U and that wannabee euro chant that palace sing. Loads of times I saw they were singing but couldn't hear them. The noise in the east, and from the north was incredible. I hardly heard the west, but I know from comments on here that it was amazing, yes the Amex may have weird acoustics but on occasions like last night, it's unbeatable!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm sure some old **** will come on here To slag off the North stand... But before we get to that. West Stand take a ****ing bow. You were awesome in the second half. As good as the Wednesday play off game. If you could do that every game that would be something special.

The whole ground was amazing last night, even in the WSM the noise was superb. I enjoyed occasionally looking over to the Man Utd fans, I could see them all jumping up and down, clapping in unison, but the noise from BHAFC fans completely drowned them out pretty much all game. Even watching the East stand opposite you could see great swathes of them waking up and joining in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The northern end of the East was fully joining in last night with lots of singing and people on their feet.

I saw some of the kids celebrating in the East stand and thought, we've won their hearts now. Any plastic fan at school is going to be laughed at by our Albion kids.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The main chant I could make out from the Utd fans was 'we hate Leeds scum, we hate Leeds scum, we hate Leeds scum..' ad infinitum. They seem obsessed with Leeds.

You can’t really argue with that though :clap: , let’s face it, we bang on about Palace enough, even when we were in a different league to them.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Definitely the loudest we've been since the Wednesday game - both the players and fans were in perfect harmony. Why the hell do we have to have a close season - I want to do it all again next week.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Strange I left the ground thinking that the atmosphere was somewhat subdued and put this down to the nervous feeling of being so close to our target and being absorbed in the game.

It was only when I got home and immediately played the game back did I pick up on the constant support for the team.

And whats with all this crying over a result. We've beaten Utd before at home it wasn't really a relegation survival miracle. No wonder we get called Southern Softies.

Big men don't cry.

It takes a big man to cry but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at him

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very, very loud last night, well done everyone. My ears are still ringing ( tinnitus doesn't help :) )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Strange I left the ground thinking that the atmosphere was somewhat subdued and put this down to the nervous feeling of being so close to our target and being absorbed in the game.

It was only when I got home and immediately played the game back did I pick up on the constant support for the team.

And whats with all this crying over a result. We've beaten Utd before at home it wasn't really a relegation survival miracle. No wonder we get called Southern Softies.

Big men don't cry.

Big men who don't cry suffer from mental health problems.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Having suffered the drums at Huddersfield and Palace, I was struck by the way that we were able to create an atmosphere without that fakery. That's a real atmosphere, not just an 'choir'.

Can barely speak this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here