Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dortmund Advice

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
3 mates going to this game and Staying in Dusseldorf,on the Sunday they are doing Mochengladbach v Paderborn 2pm .Me? i'd be at Asc09 Dortmund V Ennpetal on the Sunday ,German Div 4 splendid.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Absolutely not plastic, we were in Salzburg just before Christmas and me and my daughter went to Salzburg v Rapid Vienna, just because it was happening while we were there, good fun going to a European game.
Should of gone and seen Fc Salzburg rather than the plastic Red Bull version.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi Chief,
Can I ask where you live in France - I am wondering what the,weather is like there and whether my little house in The Limousine is suffering! Do you get to see many French games? I am dancing a Les Verts game but haven't got round to enquiring about tickets sect. Any tips?

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
well done sir

drive through luxemburg up the a 48, past my house in Mayen and on to the a61
you will go past köln but do have a night there if it fits, its great for a night out

in fact it´s a must

have only been to borussia dortmund once, but it´s right up there with my best footie experiences ever
it wasnt´BVB but liverpool beating alaves in the uefa cup final, unforgettable.

could be trouble with Schalke in town as its Palace v Brighton x lots
over the years it has had it´s moments but normally it will be well policed & peaceful

so hoping BVB are still in the bottom three ... that is so very very funny !

whatever ... enjoy !

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Hi Chief,
Can I ask where you live in France - I am wondering what the,weather is like there and whether my little house in The Limousine is suffering! Do you get to see many French games? I am dancing a Les Verts game but haven't got round to enquiring about tickets sect. Any tips?

I live near Limoges! French footy I find rather dull to be honest. My nearest league club is Chateauroux and although I have been a couple of times it just isn't the same as the Goldstone/Withdean/Amex. Weather is like a summesrs day in Northumberland at the mo - cold and wet

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow

sherbert

Oct 11, 2008
Great Stadium ... Go to the square before the game ... Plenty of vendors selling Bratwurst with some kinda curry sauce ... Head to the ground about 2-3 hours before on the metro and go to the 1 of the fans zones outside the ground .. Huge bars that serve beer (about €4 a pint) and great atmosphere .. you'll see all kinda nutters dressed from head to toe in yellow and black ... great in side and you can have a beer or 3 at your seat .... enjoy and just take in the south stand ... Its stunning

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Chief,
Glad to hear the weather over there is not too bad. I get over to Limoges regularly but it will be spring before I get back. I know what you mean about the French games but I have heard good things about the atmosphere at St Etienne. I will check it out one day.
I've been to a few games in Germany and it is different class - you'll love it.

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
Did exactly the same with my 12 year old son last season. We got an early flight into dusseldorf and got the train to dortmund. All easy enough if you do a bit of research beforehand. Hardest bit was the tickets for the shuttle tram from the airport to train station. Once in dortmund we did the same as sherbet outlined above. The whole town wears yellow and black. Even met a old chap selling scarfs on a side street who originated from Brighton but moved to Germany 40 odd years ago. Small world. We stood in the yellow wall...amazing experience. Everyone friendly throughout the trip. We saw them play borrusia MG. Only downside was they lost. Weirdest thing of all was the the football was a bit of a sideshow to the crowd. Metro train works fine but again do a bit of research as to which stations to get off and on from or follow the crowd. After the game we got the train back to dusseldorf and stayed in an airport hotel before flying home the next morning.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I get the impression the atmosphere is much better in germany than the uk now, would be good to hear your view when youre back

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Hi Chief,

You live in your car?

Tybalt

Jul 1, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just sent you a private message. Me and 7 mates are going to the same game, 3 of us Brighton fans. We fly out on the Thursday and back on the Sunday. We are staying in Dortmund.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Forgot to mention there is an English Language guide to The Ruhr written by Roy Kift. Very good it is to.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Appreciate all the advice and offers of help.

I could only get tickets through the BVB's own travel agency via the club website and so they are in the form of a club package i.e. hotel and ticket together. Booked it in November and it was nearly sold out then. Bit 'plastic' I know but hey ho it's the lads 21st and he has always wanted to go to this derby.

We are certainly going for the football, atmosphere and the beer more than the sights but Koln sounds worth a trip out.

Staying in a hotel in Dortmund city centre and will be driving from central France (where we live) and before anybody asks I am an Albion season tkt holder and manage to get to about 80% of home games!

As others have rightly said, nothing plastic about it as you are a true footy fan and are going for all the right reasons. And what a great Dad you will be in your son's eyes after this treat! I am very jealous. I've promised my two lads (11 & 8) that we will do something like this one day so will be interested in a full update on your return!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here