Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players to leave our club

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Recently, Bridcutt.

We can try to convince ourselves that Ince is a natural replacement, or that he wasn't this, or wasn't that, but truth is the whole shape of the team changed without him. Gone was the holding midfielder taking out from the keeper, with CBs going wide, and full backs pushing on. To have a player sufficiently comfortable in possession to bring the ball out like that, with composure on the ball. They are pretty rare at the level we buy talent.

All-time. Ward, I was gutted but I was expecting it, (and Bridcutt, I guess) but Dean Saunders I really wasn't. Was so obviously class, and with TC and Fash, we looked like we had everything up front. The ther two though, you could replace, but Saunders was the sort of gen you rarely unearth. Richard Tiltman eh, where is he now?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
OGH.

Even though it was clearly the right time for him to move on to something else, it signifed the end of the Withdean era for me. It was the end of being the plucky underdog, consistently over-achieving in spite of our budget and facilities - all of which OGH personified for me.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Kurt Nogan. Yes he was out of form at the time, but he was at least a proven goal scorer. It meant the following season we were left with Junior McDougald as our main striker. Lovely young man, but not up to it.
Yes we were relegated.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gutted - Glenn Murray hands down. Thank fully signing CMS softened the blow but Murray was by far my favourite player in that title winning season

This. Our best player, to our rivals, because we wouldn't give him a pretty small wage rise, compared to what he'd done for the side. Took us 18 months to replace him, waste of time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glen Murray by a country mile because it was avoidable but as our apparently Midas touch manager could do no wrong at that stage we trusted him. Letting Murray go may well have cost this club a Premier League place and was a major blot on Poyet's time with us imo. It took a year and a half to get a replacement in.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Out of all the players to leave our club over the years, who were you most gutted to lose?

As a schoolboy, Bill Cassidy, loved that guy.
As a young man, Brian Horton, like ripping the heart out of that team.
Recently, Vicente, you could feel the excitement every time he had the ball.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Mike Small. Never replaced him properly, and we went down.

Surely you saw Mark Farrington as more than capable of replacing small!

Small got a good mention on Talk sprt yesterday as apprantley he suffered the same ingury as Suarez when he went to West Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here