Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He's young and learning....so not what we need to e frank :)

Agree. He needs another season in the Championship.
Said this before and after the U21 match confirmed my suspicions.

Player will know this as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
A bit like this local sussex boy?

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/www.m...-teenager-charlie-wakefield-buys-10043402.amp

Has he ever played a game for Chelsea?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Says he played in the Checkatrade Trophy. I'll be surprised if he ever plays a "proper" first team game for them.

Chelsea are all about stockpiling the talented kids from all over the country. They don't appear to give a toss if any of them actually make it to a level where they might be picked by Conte. It feels like they're more interested in making sure other clubs don't get them than having them for their own squad. They, more than any other club apart from Man City, can afford to do that. Pay 17 year olds huge wages and not worry about the consequences if they don't make the grade.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I agree Abraham was left isolated and did ok under the circumstances. He's not the sort of striker to thrive when left stranded up front. He kept trying hard.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Players can perform better a worse depending on the team around them or how they play that's what we pay a manager for building a team that get results.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I agree Abraham was left isolated and did ok under the circumstances. He's not the sort of striker to thrive when left stranded up front. He kept trying hard.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Says he played in the Checkatrade Trophy. I'll be surprised if he ever plays a "proper" first team game for them.

Chelsea are all about stockpiling the talented kids from all over the country. They don't appear to give a toss if any of them actually make it to a level where they might be picked by Conte. It feels like they're more interested in making sure other clubs don't get them than having them for their own squad. They, more than any other club apart from Man City, can afford to do that. Pay 17 year olds huge wages and not worry about the consequences if they don't make the grade.
The thing is they get loaned out and the loaning club pay the wages so Chelsea effectively get a freebie talent that they can then sell later on to a club further down the pyramid or keep if he turns out to be a superstar. It's effectively a money making machine

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The thing is they get loaned out and the loaning club pay the wages so Chelsea effectively get a freebie talent that they can then sell later on to a club further down the pyramid or keep if he turns out to be a superstar. It's effectively a money making machine

And one which our academy is aiming to replicate. It's a business *shrug*

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
At the end of the day we are looking for a striker who will score enough goals against the lesser teams in the division to keep us up. I don't think that this lad will be up to it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Too much of a risk for us as totally unproven at PL level.

We need 2 strikers and need to get both right.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here