Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Tammy is doing f-all for the U21s who are a goal down to the mighty Slovaks.
(Cue the inevitable goal from him...)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Hey? He looks one hell of a player. Playing up front on his own, I thought he was VERY good!
I disagree, he's not got any pace so can't run in behind the defence. He's 6ft4 so you would expect him to be able to hold up the ball, but he's been owned nearly every time and rolled around on the floor and bullied by the Slovaks.

May be good in a couple of years when he fills out, hopefully he'll go to Newcastle so they can take the punt.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I disagree, he's not got any pace so can't run in behind the defence. He's 6ft4 so you would expect him to be able to hold up the ball, but he's been owned nearly every time and rolled around on the floor and bullied by the Slovaks.

May be good in a couple of years when he fills out, hopefully he'll go to Newcastle so they can take the punt.

Umm ok then!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he's our number one striker target, we are winging it imo

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

You watching the same game? I thought he was England's best player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Considering how tactically inept Boothroyd has been in the first two games (resulting in Abraham being totally isolated), I think Abraham has done his job well. Most strikers would struggle to score goals the way this U21 side is set up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Chelsea are allowing this to happen some club will agree to it. I am starting to wonder if he's not a bit too high maintenance.

I'm starting to wonder if Chelsea will have a word if he doesn't get the sort of placement they want him to have for his development, if the sort of clubs they want him to go to turn down his excessive extra demands..

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm starting to wonder if Chelsea will have a word if he doesn't get the sort of placement they want him to have for his development, if the sort of clubs they want him to go to turn down his excessive extra demands..
Chelsea won't give a shit, and they're part of the problem with young players. How many young players are they hoarding?

Take Chalobah for example, he's nearly 23 and played less than 100 games across a number of clubs over about 6 years. The guy has probably been given some crazy contract a few years ago which means he has no desire to leave Chelsea permanently to seek regular football.

I really hate Chelsea for what they're doing for English football. Just my thoughts [emoji3]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea won't give a shit, and they're part of the problem with young players. How many young players are they hoarding?

Take Chalobah for example, he's nearly 23 and played less than 100 games across a number of clubs over about 6 years. The guy has probably been given some crazy contract a few years ago which means he has no desire to leave Chelsea permanently to seek regular football.

I really hate Chelsea for what they're doing for English football. Just my thoughts [emoji3]

True, didn't they have 30+ young players out on loan last season?

I know Brighton people who have turned down the Albion to send their little darling to the mighty Chelsea youth set up when they have a choice between Albion and Chelsea, now just why would you do that in the current Albion era, as a South Coast resident?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
True, didn't hey have 30+ young players out on loan last season?

I know Brighton people who have turned down the Albion to send their little darling to the mighty Chelsea youth set up when they have a choice between Albion and Chelsea, now just why would you do that in the current Albion era?
A bit like this local sussex boy?

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/www.m...-teenager-charlie-wakefield-buys-10043402.amp

Has he ever played a game for Chelsea?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A bit like this local sussex boy?

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/www.m...-teenager-charlie-wakefield-buys-10043402.amp

Has he ever played a game for Chelsea?

Charlie's dad, Mark, was an apprentice himself - with Albion. This is from the programme for the Blackburn game on January 2 1984:-

MarkWakefield.jpg

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Although i agree that agents are greedy *******s, they are here to stay, trying to get around their shady deals and we will be left bereft of the kind of striker we crave and in all honesty probably need.

However.... Unless i misread the article, Chelsea are not asking for a loan fee, therefore, whoever ends up signing him will probably be better off, or at least no worse off than in a lot of loan agreements.

IIRC Reading paid around £3m to loan Vydra for a season from Watford, makes Tammy Abraham and his agent look almost reasonable

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here