Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Vauxhall station reopened. Sounds like it could have been a false alarm there.

Judging by the distance between the Borough pubs supposedly involved, and where the van came to a halt, it is plausible for it to be one incident rather than several. 10/20 second sprint sort of distance.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Police have confirmed more than one fatality. Batsrads are out there - if only they'd stick to suicide bombing - at least that kills the cvnts too. We - by which I mean the government, and us, as a society, have got to do something about this. Wish I had the easy answer though.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Irish problem went away when the IRA realized our security services had infiltrated their organization so completely that they had no choice but to talk.
Actually it was the bombings in the heart of the financial part of London( with no fatalities) that got the government to negotiate. Before that, the odd soldier killed was deemed acceptable.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The attacks with the vehicles, and knives, were shown by the lunatic in Westminster to be particularly effective against our society.
These latest lunatics have noted this, and proceeded accordingly, there are no bombs to build, no instruction over the internet that can be traced, almost no planning that would be vulnerable to our security services. They have found a very easy way to cause maximum casualties for not much danger of exposure by themselves prior to the atrocities.

Still think having a chat with these people is a sensible/appropriate security response?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Few more people now coming out with it. Forgive me. I just struggle with the notion that people are straight on the phone to news organisations at a time like this. I get it with the journalists. That's their job. But the passers by: either get out of the way, or help somebody, FFS. Don't stand there getting your phone out to video it, or dialling the hotline to Sky or the BBC to breathlessly inform them that you've heard from other people that they heard this or that might have happened.

Ironically, this has all happened yards from the headquarters of News UK, i.e. the Sun and The Times and Sunday Times. So you'd expect them to have a slightly better handle on events than anyone else.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can you really not think of reasons why?

-because there's an election coming up and the people responsible for such attacks want to send a message at a sensitive time

-because it's only in recent years that the concept of vehicle-borne attacks has come to the fore, which basically allows any wannabe jihadi with an ideology and enough hatred to wreak havoc in a manner they would never have been able to do had they focused only on the previous terrorist modus operandi of bombs and guns

-because they were inspired by the Westminster or Manchester attacks

-because it might be a significant date to them

-because they've been intending to do it for ages but have previously been stopped by security forces/ police and had to lie low

-because they were off in Syria (or wherever) and have only just got back

These are just off the top of my head...the idea of a conspiracy, false-flag scenario, would be right at the bottom of my list.

Point 1: So you think the perpetrators are politically motivated? Do you think they care if it is Corbyn or May?
Point 2: Fair enough.
Point 3: Fair point.
Point 4: I have no idea what this date means to them, please expand my knowledge.
Point 5: Why have they not been stopped this time if they were so convinced they would be before?
Point 6: We must have them coming here in their droves in that case.

As for conspiracy, I have none, I just don't understand why we have had 4 major attacks in a decade and 2 in a week, oh and an election coming up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Point 1: So you think the perpetrators are politically motivated? Do you think they care if it is Corbyn or May?
Point 2: Fair enough.
Point 3: Fair point.
Point 4: I have no idea what this date means to them, please expand my knowledge.
Point 5: Why have they not been stopped this time if they were so convinced they would be before?
Point 6: We must have them coming here in their droves in that case.

As for conspiracy, I have none, I just don't understand why we have had 4 major attacks in a decade and 2 in a week, oh and an election coming up.

Probably best if you just log off.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The attacks with the vehicles, and knives, were shown by the lunatic in Westminster to be particularly effective against our society.
These latest lunatics have noted this, and proceeded accordingly, there are no bombs to build, no instruction over the internet that can be traced, almost no planning that would be vulnerable to our security services. They have found a very easy way to cause maximum casualties for not much danger of exposure by themselves prior to the atrocities.

I don't disagree.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I don't call it conspiracy, I call it cynicism, what the hell is happening that we get this close to an election and two major incidents in a week after only two major incidents (I mean multiple potential human life death and injury) in 10 years.

How about this???

"That's what terrorists do"!!!

Stop trying to look for some justifiable reason and accept terrorists do shit like this!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes, but we should be talking to them, don't you realise that? All we need to do is talk and it will be rainbows and unicorns. The fact that they want Islamic laws and to kill the infidels is purely irrelevant.
You can't say that, that's racist.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You don't think the Westminster attack was "major" then?

How many more do you think have been prevented by the police and security services? You'd have to be incredibly naive to think that, just because they aren't shouting from the rooftops about every foiled terrorist plan, that it's not happening.

Sorry my bad, 7/7, Glasgow and Westminster before these two.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't call it conspiracy, I call it cynicism, what the hell is happening that we get this close to an election and two major incidents in a week after only two major incidents (I mean multiple potential human life death and injury) in 10 years.
You're not blaming it on Brexit then? Thank f*** for small mercies...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here