Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elated.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well, I'm sure that some of us still feel really ANGRY at the injustice of it all! Grrrrrrrrrr etc.

But not me.

What we, the club, Chris and the players have achieved has finally sunk in at Kosh towers. Now I can revel in another team collapsing in the playoff's - oh yeah. Wed anyone?!? Titter. Sitting on a beach with £130 million in our pocket. Result. Pass me another gin and tonic.

And relax....

Truly great days.

And if i'm wrong, I'll eat my big pointy pixie hat.

Albion.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Disappointed at not going up as champions, but...........

As my brother said yesterday: "Yes I'm disappointed, but I'll be over it by teatime."

Maybe it's just a subtle way of keeping under the radar, and if you are going to have a bad run, it's quite good to have it after you've gained promotion.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Disappointed at not going up as champions, but...........

As my brother said yesterday: "Yes I'm disappointed, but I'll be over it by teatime."

Maybe it's just a subtle way of keeping under the radar, and if you are going to have a bad run, it's quite good to have it after you've gained promotion.

It's rare when a team achives its ultimate goal, which undoubtedly promotion was for us, that momentum and desire remain the same. Sheff utd excepted this year, it's often the case as happened under Gus during our L1 promotion campaign. Ultimately if it had gone down to the wire, we may have missed out - God forbid. Hence I'd take this route all day long.

I'm sad we missed out obviously, but this has served to temper expectations and that can only be a good thing.

We've finally done it. Right now, I don't much care how :)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's rare when a team achives its ultimate goal, which undoubtedly promotion was for us, that momentum and desire remain the same. Sheff utd excepted this year, it's often the case as happened under Gus during our L1 promotion campaign. Ultimately if it had gone down to the wire, we may have missed out - God forbid. I'd take this route all day long.

Sad we missed out, but this has served to temper expectations and that can only be a good thing.

Quite - a dose of reality. I did enjoy the few minutes, though, between Muzza's penalty and the Villa equaliser.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Look how far we've come...Villa fans going crazy because they equalised at home against little ol us ...we r up, they stay ...30 odd points below

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You are not alone Kosh. I've been in a pretty great mood since the final whistle to be honest. Dejected when they scored but quickly got over that to clap and cheer the team as they came over at the end.

Now I'm thinking about all the fun of the summer: transfer rumours, all the new kits being leaked, fixture list releases, Panini sticker books and trying to work out what the hell to do with my Saturday afternoons!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Look how far we've come...Villa fans going crazy because they equalised at home against little ol us ...we r up they stay ...30 odd points below

Top post, couldn't agree more.

The Villa looked as though they'd won the bloody league - wtf?!? Ahem.

What's that annoying blip on the radar?

Heh heh.

#incoming!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Was very grumpy about it yesterday, but am over it today. It has been an incredible double-season promotion run of 94 games.

Played 94, won 52, drawn 27, lost 15.

Lots to be very proud of in that.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Was very grumpy about it yesterday, but am over it today. It has been an incredible double-season promotion run of 94 games.

Played 94, won 52, drawn 27, lost 15.

Lots to be very proud of in that.

P92 W52 D26 L14 pts182

Without the play-offs

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sussex thumping Surrey helped me overcome my disappointment - fully recovered now.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yep it's been a remarkable couple of season's - I seriously didn't see us matching last year, yet we did and we even bettered it! Unreal results and such a huge ask in this division of 'sleeping' giants and lest we forget: slain European conquerors.

Who are we?

We ARE Brighton.

And

Hove

Albion.

We have a reservation for evening dinner, fine wine etc. And etc.

Yes that's right mate, at the top table.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And it's my last hat.

And what a FINE hat it is, [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION], you crazy diamond :bowdown:

F1.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We've got to blame ourselves a bit, and the club. The build up to the Bristol City game was ridiculously overhyped. We should have gone at that as a normal home game. The pressure on the players to deliver was big enough, but that was ratcheted up another notch just for good measure. Celebrating before the job was done. Can forgive them tough away games at Norwich and Villa, both looking to get one over us for their fans. It was lost against Bristol City. Every time we've done the free flags and prematch build up we've come a cropper (or nearly if you exclude the late goals home to Donny). Got to learn from it. If we're home to Chelsea or ManUtd or something first game of the season, lets not do any fanfare free flag welcome to the Premier League stuff. Just get on with it as a normal home game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We've got to blame ourselves a bit, and the club. The build up to the Bristol City game was ridiculously overhyped. We should have gone at that as a normal home game. The pressure on the players to deliver was big enough, but that was ratcheted up another notch just for good measure. Celebrating before the job was done. Can forgive them tough away games at Norwich and Villa, both looking to get one over us for their fans. It was lost against Bristol City. Every time we've done the free flags and prematch build up we've come a cropper (or nearly if you exclude the late goals home to Donny). Got to learn from it. If we're home to Chelsea or ManUtd or something first game of the season, lets not do any fanfare free flag welcome to the Premier League stuff. Just get on with it as a normal home game.

We as fans were having a party before, during and after all three games (ok maybe not after villa) due to promotion, not presuming to win the title. I don't think we can put any blame on ourselves but i'm happy to blame the opera singer who continues to murder GOSBTS. Even our fans are incrementally getting better at the words so we pay someone with a mic and a screechy vibrator voice to get them wrong :rolleyes::shootself

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
You are not alone Kosh. I've been in a pretty great mood since the final whistle to be honest. Dejected when they scored but quickly got over that to clap and cheer the team as they came over at the end.

Now I'm thinking about all the fun of the summer: transfer rumours, all the new kits being leaked, fixture list releases, Panini sticker books and trying to work out what the hell to do with my Saturday afternoons!

With you on the second part. this is the bit of the season i hate - the playoffs running their course and then a few weeks of ... nothing.

When the kits get released, rumours all over the place and random friendlies start, that is when I know it is nearly time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here