Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we seal it at wolves

Dec 29, 2011
5 matches to turnaround a goal difference of 30.
Never going to happen not in a million years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Not going to happen' and 'mathematically possible' are two different things. You asked why it's not mathematically possible, and the answer is because we could lose all our games while Huddersfield win all their and make up the 30 goal difference. Highly unlikely, but still possible.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wolves are on a run of five successive wins before this afternoon.

I can see Huddersfield winning their next five like we did in the same position last season.

Toon will probably end up drawing this early evening.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I can see Huddersfield winning their next five like we did in the same position last season.

and they still wouldn't go up, like we didn't last year

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

We've met a lot of teams on good runs this season. And beaten them, because those runs haven't included playing us.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
All this talk of promotion I'm not interested in that......

I want blood now....

I want the title.....

So we can dance around on the telly with our hands in the air like we don't care....

With the middle finger raised at them smug Geordie gits....

Good point, well made. Count me in on the Win the Title Bus

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
But as the OP says, its as good as all over. You try telling the fans and players thst we're not up in that scenario. And would make Wigan a complete party

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

I accept that fans, players, and anyone that has a clue about football will know we are promoted but it wont be confirmed on the table with a P until that extra point is found or dropped by hudds. So we can't mathematically seal it, but we will know it is done

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never asked if it would happen I asked if it could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you didn't. You didn't ask any question.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can we seal it at Wolves?

No mathematically we can't. But it will be all but done if Huddersfield lose and we win.

End of thread Shirley.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

maybe time to rethink

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There is a simple answer. There is no combination of results that would end up with us having a big fat "P" next to our name in the table after the Wolves game. So no, promotion cannot be won at Wolves.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There is a simple answer. There is no combination of results that would end up with us having a big fat "P" next to our name in the table after the Wolves game. So no, promotion cannot be won at Wolves.
Huddersfield could field an ineligible player and receive a points deduction.[emoji3]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Mathematically/factually correct but in reality, a Hudds defeat/BHA win would mean we were promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here