Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford stream

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I expect Shropshire Seagull has paid his BBC Licence fee the same as you have, part of which goes to pay for coverage of our matches. I don't think different parts of the UK should be discriminated against on geographical grounds when we all pay the same fee to the same organization, for what should be the same content. I realize it's the EFL who impose the terms, but the BBC shouldn't capitulate to these restrictive practices.

Pretty much this - you can listen to live BBC radio Sussex on internet - but not when they're broadcasting Brighton commentary.
I don't believe the football club makes a great deal out of Seagulls Player - there's a separate org that scoops up the cash and I think they share it with the EFL.
Also, there are regular threads on here citing how crap Seagull Player match commentary service is.

Put it on the internet and stop fleecing fans with a poor product that is Seagull Player.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Sorry, I must have got the wrong end of the stick. I thought you were talking about Seagulls Player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I think Player is really good and I love all the interviews and stuff and you can log into most other club sites as well.
Also great when you are abroad. However, a bit pricey for what it is and I guess it's the same argument about pay per view channels like sky and revenue for the club etc.
You need to chat to someone you know who has it and get their password if you can't afford it or your principles are more important than the Albion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Slightly off track, but I've mentioned it before. I've got a setup to enable me to watch my Sky box anywhere in the world using a slingbox (£63). In addition, for my Daughter who lives in Wales, I've got a digital TV box for BBC Sussex also hooked up to the slingbox. This means that she can listen to BBC Sussex in Wales for free (well the cost of the boxes).
Downside is that the slingbox is 3 minutes behind real life, noticable when we are at a game and call her
Me "What a save"
Her "What save"
"The penalty"
" What penalty"
"How far behind are you"
"Wait the ref has given a penalty"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here