Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shane in the news again!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not just celebs.
My friend has been forced to quit his job as a teacher after pupils found Facebook posts from 2009 about him smoking weed

I have massive sympathy with your friend and unless the posts were advertising a farm or something of that nature, then it is wrong that they have had to quit. If not ever smoking weed was a prerequisite for teaching then I am sure that the teacher numbers would thin rapidly, not to mention any other profession one cares to mention.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I see the Pink News (?) journalist on Twitter is OUTRAGED that Shane Duffy hasn’t responded to his multiple requests for comment. And even more upset that Shane has blocked him. [emoji23]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well before anyone gets outraged on my behalf (gay man here), this is from 2011 when he was a teenager. I am not offended, outraged or suffering from PTSD because of some juvenile tweets by a not very sharp footballer. And I also think Rylan shouldn't be on TV, not because of his sexuality but because of his complete lack of talent . I am fed up with people telling ME what I should be outraged about, I am quite capable of making up my own mind and don't need anyone to do it for me. I cant believe there is a single person who hasn't posted, said, something which years later couldn't be hauled up as offensive to someone. Why do we need people going back over years worth of posts trying to find something to make a "news story" out of when there are plenty of things happening now that are much more important

Please feel safe and secure in the knowledge that although you don't want anyone to be offended on your behalf, I do feel highly offended on your behalf and would like to add my name to the growing list of people calling for his instant dismissal. Seemly when he was 3 he read Puff The Magic Dragon. Which is highly offensive.

This world is going to hell in a handcart!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Peter Tatchell was interviewed and is outraged.

Isn't he in a permanent state of outrage?

"Tonight, we have news of Peter Tachell being outraged, followed by some shocking footage of bears doing their business IN THE WOODS."

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And I have it on good authority that when he was at school he read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain which is full of the N word. At the very least I expect a full apology from him and a hefty fine by the club. These things cannot continue to go unpunished.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Which is precisely why I’ve told one of my kids, currently at uni, who has decided to become a teacher to thoroughly check her FB and Twitter accounts to see if she’s written something that she may later regret. If so, I’ve advised her to delete the accounts and, if she really feels she has to, create new ones.

We never had these issues when we were kids - our ludicrous teenage ramblings remained private, remembered only by the folk we were with at the time who had happened to be sober.

The very idea of things i did in West Street in the 70's coming back in the later years of my career would still fill me with dread.

I constantly tell my kids that their social media posts are like tattoos - with them forever (*runs for cover*)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
"He does play for a team in one of the most gay cities in Britain, and his team is regularly subjected to homophobic abuse by fans from rival team so you would think Shane… would be very firm in opposing prejudice of any kind, and want to stand with his team mates and the LGBT community in Brighton against homophobia.

What a stupid comment that has no relevance at all to two tweets he sent year's ago does he expect Dr Who to take him back in time or something.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
And I have it on good authority that when he was at school he read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain which is full of the N word. At the very least I expect a full apology from him and a hefty fine by the club. These things cannot continue to go unpunished.

Shane - reading? I call fake news - you ARE Donald Trump, and I claim my £5.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
The tweets were not aimed to denigrate anyone in the LGBT community, there were from one bloke to his friends and along the lines of "Are you coming for a beer then you wanker?!".

I get really tiered of the special snowflakes who try to make something out of nothing.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I f*cking detest this new form of “journalism”. Trawl through a famous persons tweets from when they were a stupid teenager with no filter/common sense. Find anything that can be twisted in to homophobic, racist or xenophobic abuse and then package it off as news when; in reality, it's absolutely f*cking meaningless tripe.

I would say they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel, but they’re not. They’ve actually broken through the bottom and are now tunnelling straight to the earths core at a rate of knots.

:clap2:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just imagine if Zaha had tweeted these comments seven years ago and now we had found them.

We need to take the blue and white tinted glasses off here and accept Shane is or was a bit of a moron. However what is done is done and the FA have accepted his apology and warned him of his conduct so story over really. It does dim my view of him as a person, but he is still a decent centre half though.

I wonder if he will start next season now though? Bad time for him to become a problem child when competition at centre half has just increased.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see the Pink News (?) journalist on Twitter is OUTRAGED that Shane Duffy hasn’t responded to his multiple requests for comment. And even more upset that Shane has blocked him. [emoji23]
The less Duffy is on Twitter the better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here