• Yanny

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • Laurel

Votes: 42 60.0%

• Total voters

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Just got the family (seven) of us to listen to the same clip at the same time and write down what they heard. On the big reveal we had 2 with no idea. 2 had Laurel and 3 with Yammy. Needless to say, I was right with Laurel. There is no way I could get that to be Yammy.......I really tried.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I read page 1 of this thread and absolutely no idea what you weirdos were going on about.

It just appeared on my Facebook so I listened.

It says Laurel to me.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Heard it a few times and I can only hear Laurel.

Try as I might, I can't here Yanny at all.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Weird, listened to it on my tablet yesterday and heard Laurel, then whilst watching tv the BBC news done an item on it I heard Yanny. :shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can someone please link a clip where they're saying "Yanny"? I seem to have only heard the one where they're saying "Laurel".

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Both are playing. One at a higher cadence, the other at a lower. So it’s all about what device you’re hearing it through, and whether it has enough bass for you to hear Laurel.

Yes but what did you hear?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Laurel. Only heard it on MW radio though, in the car and on transistor radio. Might it sound different on HD/digital devices? Don't know - and having typed this I've decided I don't really care...........................

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Weird, listened to it on my tablet yesterday and heard Laurel, then whilst watching tv the BBC news done an item on it I heard Yanny. :shrug:
My girlfriend was the same. Because it is two words at different frequencies, I guess the quality of the speaker will affect whether you can hear the high or low frequency better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here