Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bizarre is this?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Collected my Grandson from school today in Swindon, I was wearing my BHA woolly hat as its cold and Im a sick not at the moment.

In the playground I was approached by an excited girl aged about 10.

' hey mister are you a Brighton Fan'?

First thought say no as im about to get beaten up by the Swindon Massive......

Yes I said......So am I she said....my favourite player is Anthony Knockert....

Really? Yes she then pulls a BHA scarf from her bag and waves it around...

Whats good about it is the younger kids are now looking at us instead of being Man U / Chelsea etc

It appears her mum is a BHA fan and lives close to me ........Small world eh!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I hope you spent a couple of minutes teaching her the words to that old favourite:

Brighton here
Brighton there
Brighton every ******* where!
La la la la, la la la, lala...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Collected my Grandson from school today in Swindon, I was wearing my BHA woolly hat as its cold and Im a sick not at the moment.

In the playground I was approached by an excited girl aged about 10.

' hey mister are you a Brighton Fan'?

First thought say no as im about to get beaten up by the Swindon Massive......

Yes I said......So am I she said....my favourite player is Anthony Knockert....

Really? Yes she then pulls a BHA scarf from her bag and waves it around...

Whats good about it is the younger kids are now looking at us instead of being Man U / Chelsea etc

It appears her mum is a BHA fan and lives close to me ........Small world eh!

Good for you [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Took my grandson to sign on for the development squad at Northampton Town FC last September and we're sitting there ready for the start and he nudges me and said there's a lad at the back with a Brighton shirt on. I turned round and sure enough a young lad joining the cobblers development squad with a Brighton shirt on . Top lad!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to hear, it wasn't so long ago you hardly ever saw an Albion shirt in Brighton and Hove parks

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I had a bizarre encounter this morning: took a delivery and the driver was wearing a Norwich training top. I congratulated him on yesterday's win only to be told that he didn't support them but was Russell Martin's uncle and got his cast-offs. He then said, in his Brighton accent, that he was a Liverpool supporter.

Who on earth wears club kit when you don't support that club? Would you wear Palace kit if you got it free from your cousin?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The 7 year old son went to a sleepover at his friends the other night. As i got there I was asked by his dad if I could help them out ordering a Brighton shirt

Their family isn;t really in to football and my boy has brainwahsed theirs into being an Albion fan. So there are now at least 2 in West Reading

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I had a bizarre encounter this morning: took a delivery and the driver was wearing a Norwich training top. I congratulated him on yesterday's win only to be told that he didn't support them but was Russell Martin's uncle and got his cast-offs. He then said, in his Brighton accent, that he was a Liverpool supporter.

Who on earth wears club kit when you don't support that club? Would you wear Palace kit if you got it free from your cousin?

The same kind of person that is born in Brighton and 'supports' Liverpool.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I do I often take my brothers cast offs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you ask her if her old man said she should be a palace fan?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here