Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Interesting, although I thought we were after a left back... We shall see

I'm going to say it won't happen

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Under contract until 2017.

I presume this ends the interest in another fellow RB, who was also likely to be back-up, who already has some links to the club.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Interesting, although I thought we were after a left back... We shall see

I'm going to say it won't happen

I think there is interest in a right back.................I casually suggested Igor Smolnikov as someone I thought was a great player and it was met with a few questions which tends normally to suggest that that position is OF INTEREST

Doesn't mean that player is of interest though, so don't take that as a potential link to him.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...leetwood-full-back-set-for-brighton-1-7999033

Fleetwood are set for a financial boost as defender Tyler Forbes closes in on a move to Brighton.

The Gazette understands the Championship club have agreed terms with the 20-year-old right-back after he turned down the offer of a new contract at Highbury.

Forbes, who joined Town two years ago after being released by Preston, was handed his debut in November 2014 by Graham Alexander.

He found regular first- team action hard to come by last season due to the form of Conor McLaughlin, who has recently returned from Euro 2016 with Northern Ireland.

And Forbes’ agent Kevin Sharp revealed he was the subject of interest from around the Championship this summer.

Sharp told The Gazette: “Tyler is a very decent prospect, who has attracted quite a lot of attention.

“He was offered a deal by Fleetwood but it looks like his future could be elsewhere.”

It’s believed the south coast Seagulls are close to agreeing what has been described as a substantial fee for the right-back, after talks between the two clubs last weekend.

Although Forbes is out of contract at Highbury, Fleetwood are entitled to compensation because of his age and a deal between the clubs would avoid a possible tribunal to determine the fee.

Fleetwood’s squad continue preparations for the new season today ahead of their opening friendly against Premier League giants Liverpool next Wednesday.

Wikipedia lists him as winger as well :moo:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Another one for the Bermuda triangle of the dev squad, never to be seen again. ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another one for the Bermuda triangle of the dev squad, never to be seen again. ???

Is this the right footed Adam Chicksen we've all been waiting for?? :facepalm:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I fear this may be the case - we really need to sort out the Development squad so that it does what it says on the tin rather than just being a second 11 who are too far off the standard required to make the first team.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I fear this may be the case - we really need to sort out the Development squad so that it does what it says on the tin rather than just being a second 11 who are too far off the standard required to make the first team.

In fairness, the scouting system is very different these days. The system that brought in Chicksen, Monakana etc was run by Burke. We seem to have a much better network these days so I'm optimistic it won't be the same for future signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here