Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I must admit I thought the lack of moaning on here was due to the latest survey results.A broad survey from the London School of Economics showing that 2/3 of Brits now want a clean break from the EU surely wants comment.Or don't the remain camp now trust surveys or economists?:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
38. Given that resorted to trying to insult we are done even trying to debate because you would argue that earth is flat unless you could go into space and see it with your own eyes. How do we know that all the photos from space are not fake? Experts tell us it is round but what do they know? See ya.

No insult intended.Given that the average age of the readership of Huffpost is 23,I assumed you must be younger than that due to the child-like quality of your posts.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Its astonishing isn’t it,
There must still be remain info out there on the internet which people are still believing about all these misquotes that are out of context from yesteryear.
Its funny when they still pop up occasionally but one does have to question how gullible these people are, especially when these misquotes have been destroyed by the likes of Andrew Neil and a few seconds of fact checking on google can give you full quotes(not cherry picked snippets) and context.
No wonder they believed all the immediate doom bullcrap from the treasury and believed the country would allocate more than we gave to The EU to the NHS, because of something on a bus. They are still believing it, banging on about it and furious it wont happen.
No one is more gullible than a remain voter.

The full version of Neil tearing the guy from Open Britain a new one is worth watching again………and again……….and again

As is the longer version of Leanne "it wasnt on the ballot paper" Wood being shown up as ridiculous

"Ludicrous we would jump off a cliff into a dark space" does not fit with "no deal is better than a bad deal"
"we would be members of the EEA on day 1" doesn't look likely now does it?
"Almost certain we would leave the single market" is not we will certainly leave the single market.
And who can forget "let me repeat, absolutely no one is talking about threatening our place in the single market"
Of course, you knew what you were voting for, this is why the cabinet is totally unified on the stance we should be taking in negotiations.:ffsparr:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Growth industry with all the Remainers making good on their promises to leave.Wonder if Geldof has gone yet?

Geldof is in the fortunate position of being Irish, and can therefore remain an EU citizen, might even be able to travel freely between the northern and southern parts of his home island if we wangle a deal.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Dan Hannan

David Cameron, George Osborne, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Nigel Farage .all made it clear that voting Leave would mean LEAVING THE SINGLE MARKET. .It stated more or less the same in the referendum leaflet as well.
What part of that did you not understand because everyone else clearly understood.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I think the date on the article is quite telling, i.e. after the referendum. It is also a fantasy, and if this vision of free trade in the EU, without obligation was what you voted for in the referendum, you are in for some disappointment I think. This is having and eating the cake.
Here is what he was saying leading up to the referendum
At 3:09 he insists we keep the trade, and references Norway and Switzerland. It is then disingenuous to say that a Norway or Swiss type deal was never mooted by anyone involved in the leave campaign. and that every voter therefore knew for sure that we would leave the single market.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
David Cameron, George Osborne, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Nigel Farage .all made it clear that voting Leave would mean LEAVING THE SINGLE MARKET. .It stated more or less the same in the referendum leaflet as well.
What part of that did you not understand because everyone else clearly understood.

Well maybe I got confused when Dan Hannan said, "no one is talking about threatening our place in the single market".
Or maybe when David Cameron and George Osborne said it, it was just project fear scaremongering? Boris said we gave them £350 million a week, and we would give it to the NHS instead, everyone knew that was a lie right, so can he be trusted? Farage has long championed the success of Norway and Switzerland as non EU members, even if he was not saying it during the campaign.
Leaves you with Michael Gove as the most credible voice, the one who lamented the loss of the British fishing fleet before the campaign, and tells the Dutch they will get full access to our waters after.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think the date on the article is quite telling, i.e. after the referendum. It is also a fantasy, and if this vision of free trade in the EU, without obligation was what you voted for in the referendum, you are in for some disappointment I think. This is having and eating the cake.

At 3:09 he insists we keep the trade, and references Norway and Switzerland. It is then disingenuous to say that a Norway or Swiss type deal was never mooted by anyone involved in the leave campaign. and that every voter therefore knew for sure that we would leave the single market.

Similar comments were made before the referendum.

https://capx.co/remain-campaign-is-misleading-voters-on-the-single-market/

Your basic point seems to be because one MEP, Dan Hannan possibly gave mixed signals this outweighs the long long list of big hitters on both sides who said voting leave mean't ending Single market membership. :shrug:

It's all rather redundant now anyway because our single/internal market membership will end on the day we leave.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Similar comments were made before the referendum.

https://capx.co/remain-campaign-is-misleading-voters-on-the-single-market/

Your basic point seems to be because one MEP, Dan Hannan possibly gave mixed signals this outweighs the long long list of big hitters on both sides who said voting leave mean't ending Single market membership. :shrug:

It's all rather redundant now anyway because our single/internal market membership will end on the day we leave.

Maybe, but when will that leave day be? At the current rate of progress I can see there being an extension to the 2 year period, so long as the 27 agree.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe, but when will that leave day be? At the current rate of progress I can see there being an extension to the 2 year period, so long as the 27 agree.
Believe me the 27 will agree to any extension because without us they have lost one of the biggest inputters money wise with no one to replace us. I hope Herr Merkel has deep pockets because she is going to need them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The referendun was advisory, nothing more.

Knew I'd kept this.It was left in the outside bog for emergencies:

bog.jpg

Seems straightforward to me.We advised,they have to implement!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...xit-transition-period-liam-fox-philip-hammond

The decision to leave the customs union means that Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands will have to make big investments in IT systems and lorry parks at their ports to cope with the post-Brexit surge of customs declarations and shipment checks. These are costs that the UK is imposing upon them. Why would those countries agree to an interim customs agreement that requires them to scramble to invest in their ports, simply to reduce costs at the EU border for Britain and to allow Liam Fox to negotiate trade deals with countries outside Europe?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here