Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games moved for tv

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stoke was the only game I wasn't going to be able to make before Christmas... now I can. Probably the only Albion fan happy about that one, I realise. What a glamour tie for Sky, eh?

EDIT - Actually these also mean I now can't make West Ham away :(
Not the only one. Stoke now becomes one I can go to :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
All these Sunday games are a bit of a bitch for those with kids who play Sunday football.

Lad will now have some tough calls to make on letting his mates down or missing a few big Albion games.

This is the argument against showing any Prem games at 3pm on Saturday. Grass roots football being destroyed by all of this.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Bye bye Saturday home games.

Yes indeed. After the Man City opener tomorrow, our next Saturday home games are 9th Sept (West Brom) and then we have a 3 month wait until 2nd Dec (Liverpool), which is bound to be televised = moved!

In between, we have Swansea away on 4th Nov. Other than that, it's Sundays, Fridays and a Monday.

The whole season will be like this and was to be expected, given the well aired "fairy tale factor" associated with our post-Hereford survival and eventual arrival in the Premier League.

At least we have been warmed up to non-Saturday fixtures via the last two seasons' numerous televised Championship games. The Albion will now be broadcast live across the globe week in, week out.

Such is the (small) sacrifice we make for supporting the best club in the land! :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
The three confirmed tv dates now mean I can see all three, whereas I would have been working on all the original dates. I'm happy:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What does that mean?

Is it something to do with the Uni?

Edit - the club site says it could be on tv. [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]

Three matches - against West Ham United, Southampton and Stoke City - are already confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports, while Everton's visit to the Amex could also be selected for television coverage, and as such will now kick off at 1.30pm on Sunday 15th October.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Yes indeed. After the Man City opener tomorrow, our next Saturday home games are 9th Sept (West Brom) and then we have a 3 month wait until 2nd Dec (Liverpool), which is bound to be televised = moved!

In between, we have Swansea away on 4th Nov. Other than that, it's Sundays, Fridays and a Monday.

The whole season will be like this and was to be expected, given the well aired "fairy tale factor" associated with our post-Hereford survival and eventual arrival in the Premier League.

At least we have been warmed up to non-Saturday fixtures via the last two seasons' numerous televised Championship games. The Albion will now be broadcast live across the globe week in, week out.

Such is the (small) sacrifice we make for supporting the best club in the land! :)

Man Utd away on 25th Nov is Saturday 3pm KO?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Everton game was always being moved anyway as Everton are playing in the Europa the week before. Therefore you can see why they have moved it an then said they may televise it. It had to be moved anyway.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
What percentage of premier league games are on TV now? West Ham v Brighton, Brighton v Stoke - if these kind of games are being televised they must be showing almost the whole lot

Don't Sky have to show a minimum number of matches for each team? Seeing as we seem to be everyone's bet for relegation, I wonder if they are just trying to get through the games they're obliged to show early so they can focus on the top 6 at the end of season (and at Christmas). Same goes for West Ham, Stoke who are unlikely to be involved in anything interesting at season's end. Of course we might be involved in a relegation dogfight (or push for Europa League spot :flypig:) but they can always select more games for us. And I'd expect us to be on for the Liverpool and Man U games at the end of the season regardless of our position.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It`s bad enough for some home supporters 8pm kick offs...but for away supporters awful , At least West Ham is a friday.... Don`t imagine Stoke City Supporters are happy about coming to the Amex for 8pm on a monday night.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I really thought this season we would have lots of Saturday 3pm KO's how wrong was I.

FFS NOW is the time to remove the "no live tv football at 3pm on a Saturday" unwritten law, its pointless in 2017 and would at least give another slot for a live match

It's not unwritten or pointless - it helps protect the income of small clubs.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
so, by game 12 we'll have notched up 8 of our guranteed 10 live games for the season.. .

As [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] in his twitter persona has pointed out, we get £1m per live game after the 10th.

Each time that happens, the club should reduce food/drink prices by 10p as a gesture imo.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's not unwritten or pointless - it helps protect the income of small clubs.
If one is determined to watch premier league football at 3 pm on a Saturday, then no doubt one can. I'm not sure it would make much difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here