Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom?

Do want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom

• Yes

Votes: 129 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 74 32.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Does this mean we get to vote on Brexit again ?

Let's vote of everything every six months.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
You seem to have missed off the "rarely supported" bit off my post. This provides important context.
So how about your other garbled comment... 400 miles London Edinburgh..... how about Berlin Munich or Paris to anywhere south of Lyon?..... stop now please.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I prefer outward looking and cooperation so yes. But, I can fully understand why they are fed up being ruled by a party 400 miles away which they have historically rarely ever supported and are now being dragged out of the EU by the very same people against their will.

My message to the Scots, and my fellow Brits, is come and join us over here.

Firstly you're wrong about the Scots rarely having supported the tories , as recently as 1979 they had 22 mps to labours 36, as recently try as 1955 they had 38 , 2 more than labour , and do you not see the Irony in your statement about understanding the Scots not wanting get to be ruled by people 400 miles away ? Whys it OK for us to be ruled by brussels/strasbourg then ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If the Scots want independence, then good luck to them.
The Tories always have had this high brow attitude towards them, IMO.
I have worked with a few Scots in the RAF in my time, and I've always found its a 50/50 towards their attitude of independence.
Whichever way the vote goes, if it ever happens, I'm always questioning how the armed forces would evolve?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Scotland named & settleled by the Irish & owned by the English.

What's their problem, we pay for them to laze about drink buckfast and deep fry everything win win for them.

We even invented their national dress the modern kilt.

They are so stupid they don't know when they are onto a good thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Firstly you're wrong about the Scots rarely having supported the tories , as recently as 1979 they had 22 mps to labours 36, as recently try as 1955 they had 38 , 2 more than labour , and do you not see the Irony in your statement about understanding the Scots not wanting get to be ruled by people 400 miles away ? Whys it OK for us to be ruled by brussels/strasbourg then ?

But in 1979, by your own admission they had fewer MPs, so they were not supporting Thatcher's government? I'm not overly hot on Scottish history but I thought in general the Tories have rarely had a majority over the border?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think they should go, but not cause I'm bitter with them, I'm jealous of them. If they have the opportunity to kiss good bye to this tory cesspit good luck to them.

If you hate it so much you have a whole world out there which is not Tory run. But you still choose to stay here?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that they should remain but I have no great views either way what I would say is that if they want a break away it should be complete and they must become responsible for everything and be self sufficient with no help or cash from Westminster.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Anyone who thought Brexit *wouldn't* lead to breakup of the UK wasn't paying enough attention. If it wasn't inevitable before (which I think it was), May's intransigent, patronising attitude to Scotland has made it a dead certainty.

Spot on...it's almost like Brexit fans weren't listening to any of the rational arguments before the vote. And God alone knows what the consequences will be for Ireland; again Brexit was predicted to fan the flames but the Farage fan-club just scoffed.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
But in 1979, by your own admission they had fewer MPs, so they were not supporting Thatcher's government? I'm not overly hot on Scottish history but I thought in general the Tories have rarely had a majority over the border?
The west country has, until recently, always by tradition voted Lib/LibDem... any different?... any closer?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Yes I do and so does my family. What annoys me is that we don't get a vote. Ok I'm half Scottish but my mum grew up in Kirriemuir, her dad was a Scottish minister, she went to Edinburgh University yet apparently she wasn't eligible to vote in the once in a life time referendum vote. Just because someone doesn't live in Scotland doesn't mean they aren't Scottish. All Scots should be able to vote not just resident Scots.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Do they get to keep Trident?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Have we got a viable alternative plan for Faslane that we could afford and implement? If we could answer 'yes' to your question and mine, then I'd be much more ambivalent to voting to leave The EU and breaking up as a country.
I think there are 2 or 3 options - viable, yes. Ideal and cheap, no.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Anyone who thought Brexit *wouldn't* lead to breakup of the UK wasn't paying enough attention. If it wasn't inevitable before (which I think it was), May's intransigent, patronising attitude to Scotland has made it a dead certainty.
Really. Perhaps look at a few forums that are heavily laden with Scots. The majority despise Sturgeon. Many Scots will not vote Tory and Labour are so useless that they can not vote for them. When it comes to the vote for independence I think stay will win.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Your post implied that tory support in scotland has always been at current.levels.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
When we know what Brexit means to the UK then they can decide if they want to be a part of it or not.

...this is May's argument. Bur why should it prevail if the rest of the UK is denied a further referendum 'when we know what Brexit means to the UK'? Consistency?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here