Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistically what player would you like to sign?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Eoin Doyle? I dont think he would cut it in the Championship, but a 6ft striker banging in the goals in league 1 will surely be looked at by a few clubs.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Chris Wood
Dom Dwyer (MLS player. Scored for fun last season with Kansas and born in Sussex)
Jed Wallace (so we can end years of speculation)

SheffieldSeagulls

Dec 6, 2014
I think this really begs the question 'What is realistic for the Albion?' It has been my view for some time now that there is something fundamentally wrong at Falmer otherwise why can we not sign half decent players? Why did Andy Clayton choose Middlesborough, why did Lewis Grabban choose Norwich and why do countless other average targets appear to have gone elsewhere since Gus went. Is the Answer a Berk? If so, we can only hope times have changed and the rot has stopped - but no evidence yet.

I would like to see B Zamora, James McLean and Harry Mcquire.......but what do I know?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Elliott Bennett might be a realistic signing. I think Norwich will be able to hold on to Redmond as he is much younger. To me EB wasn't match fit at first and he is nearly up to pace. Practically an essential signing with the injury to Crofts (not like for like but right sided) and the departure of Buckley.

Rudolph Austin would be an ideal replacement for out of favour Kemy Agustien, but I would like someone better and three years younger.

Most improvements will have to wait until summer though.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'd definitely go for Murray, unsettled at Palace, they seem to want to offload him, I'm sure he doesn't have long on his contract, Palace don't see us as a threat so in footballing terms selling to us will not affect them.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think this really begs the question 'What is realistic for the Albion?' It has been my view for some time now that there is something fundamentally wrong at Falmer otherwise why can we not sign half decent players? Why did Andy Clayton choose Middlesborough, why did Lewis Grabban choose Norwich and why do countless other average targets appear to have gone elsewhere since Gus went. Is the Answer a Berk? If so, we can only hope times have changed and the rot has stopped - but no evidence yet.

I would like to see B Zamora, James McLean and Harry Mcquire.......but what do I know?

How much more do we need to spend on new players wages and transfer fees and therefore how much more as a club do we need to lose each season for fans not to think that there is something fundamentally wrong with the Albion as often seems to be thrown up as a comment when the club or other fan try to calm expectations? - the only thing imo thats shown anything that is fundamentally wrong is some fans and their expectations being too wild and they are now unhappy because they didn't get what they thought a new ground would bring (lots of big money signings, exciting big name players joining us and PL football)

Is it fundamentally wrong that the board are limiting the clubs losses in line with FFP and not over stretching the club (we hope) and ending up with a transfer ban like several clubs that are being seem as doing the right thing by some fans because they gamble and spend big.

The more clubs that refuse to gamble and to try to control spending, the lower wage demands will eventually be as a result because they know that their options are limited but the full effect of all this could take several years to see the benefit as it is never going to be a quick fix.

With our recent history, i'd have thought that the last thing fans would want is for the club to gamble with our future and risk losing something that a lot of people have put a lot of time, effort and money into saving from an abyss.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I always thought it was a shame that we didn't hold onto Craig Conway and may have made a difference between automatic promotion and only the play-offs so i would like us to try to sign him if available

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
I quite liked him when he was with us, but I was in a bit of a minority. He's a very neat and tidy player, probably lacked a bit of physicality at the time but Derby were a bit crap then and he was only 21, so it's a bit hard to judge. Definitely made a bit of a name for himself since then. Would be a good signing for you I reckon.

Saw him a couple of times at Torquay. Must have improved since then, as he was tidy, but nothing special.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I'd also like to see Lingard back on loan, would be very happy with these two until the end of the season.

1408358589172_Image_galleryImage_Man_Uniteds_Jesse_Lingard.JPG

Jesse Lingard was on crutches just out of hospital in August. Has he recovered from this injury?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Dom Dwyer (MLS player. Scored for fun last season with Kansas and born in Sussex)

I have seen this before and wanted to clarify the name of this MLS side. Kansas is the name of a US state. Missouri is the name of another US State. The city of Kansas City, Missouri is a US metropolitan city of 500,000 people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City,_Missouri

There is a metropolitan area of Kansas City which includes the suburb of Kansas City, Kansas and several other suburbs in both states (Kansas & Missouri) The total metropolitan area population of greater Kansas City (both the Kansas side and the Missouri side) is 2.3 million.

Therefore when you refer to the MLS side Sporting Kansas City as "Kansas" you are only including the smaller portion of greater Kansas City. There is a larger portion of Kansas City on the Missouri side of greater Kansas City. Therefore when you refer to Kansas you refer to the state of Kansas and when you refer to Kansas City you refer to either the whole metropolitan area of Kansas City (both Kansas & Missouri), Kansas City, Kansas or Kansas City, Missouri. Never refer to greater Kansas City as simply "Kansas." That is a huge no-no.

Because when you cross over from KC, Kansas to KC, Missouri like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ you are not in Kansas anymore. You would be in Kansas City, Missouri.

Dominic James Dwyer (born 30 July 1990) is an English footballer who plays for Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer. (NOT KANSAS)

FYI, Walt Disney spent time growing up in Kansas City. He was never from Kansas but always from Missouri.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hijack Vossen's loan to Middlesbrough.

Or sign Soriano.

Basically get in a Hero Striker to properly replace Leo.

And a decent central midfielder.

Plus Bennett or Noone.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
1408358589172_Image_galleryImage_Man_Uniteds_Jesse_Lingard.JPG

Jesse Lingard was on crutches just out of hospital in August. Has he recovered from this injury?

Sums premiership players up this picture, even got story board , clip by clip of how he done his knee in, sake!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I always thought it was a shame that we didn't hold onto Craig Conway and may have made a difference between automatic promotion and only the play-offs so i would like us to try to sign him if available

Very much this. Got a bag full of assists and a very nice goal vs Leicester whilst he was here. Would have only set us back a comparatively small amount I've heard.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I have seen this before and wanted to clarify the name of this MLS side. Kansas is the name of a US state. Missouri is the name of another US State. The city of Kansas City, Missouri is a US metropolitan city of 500,000 people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City,_Missouri

There is a metropolitan area of Kansas City which includes the suburb of Kansas City, Kansas and several other suburbs in both states (Kansas & Missouri) The total metropolitan area population of greater Kansas City (both the Kansas side and the Missouri side) is 2.3 million.

Therefore when you refer to the MLS side Sporting Kansas City as "Kansas" you are only including the smaller portion of greater Kansas City. There is a larger portion of Kansas City on the Missouri side of greater Kansas City. Therefore when you refer to Kansas you refer to the state of Kansas and when you refer to Kansas City you refer to either the whole metropolitan area of Kansas City (both Kansas & Missouri), Kansas City, Kansas or Kansas City, Missouri. Never refer to greater Kansas City as simply "Kansas." That is a huge no-no.

Because when you cross over from KC, Kansas to KC, Missouri like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ you are not in Kansas anymore. You would be in Kansas City, Missouri.

Dominic James Dwyer (born 30 July 1990) is an English footballer who plays for Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer. (NOT KANSAS)

FYI, Walt Disney spent time growing up in Kansas City. He was never from Kansas but always from Missouri.

Isn't that a tad pedantic considering it's clear I meant Kansas City when I said he was an MLS player? Isn't it a bit too similar to when we say we support Brighton but it's ACTUALLY Brighton AND HOVE albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here