Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont think Bong is slow so should be able to cope with him The problem will come h he is out for any reason and we have to rely on Calderon or Chicksen as back up as moving Rosenior would disrupt the team formation too much with Murphy and possibly Lua Lua still out

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think Leeds have the squad to be promotion contenders but I hope old boys Buckley and Wood help to take a few points off our rivals. What price Bridcutt ending up there too?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He had a poor debut for Leeds apparently and was subbed after 55 mins. Let's hope he takes that form into his next match.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Giggs had hamstring problems early in his career and overcame them, so Buckley is a potential asset with more pace than any Albion player ever.

A gamble though as if he has to nurse his hamstrings as he would not be able to play at full strength in the training/practice matches. ???

Leeds is not the team I thought would sign him as they already have the ageing Mirco Antenucci who is the same style of player.

Wages at Sunderland w/o bonus was £16K a week.

His ability to shoot or cross with either foot is important as is his ability to trap the long balls instantly (especially from Stockdale clearances).

We must have considered signing him ? I don't like the idea of him playing against us. His pace will make any opposition wary.

I don't think Poyet got the best out of him. I think he would suit a CH team better.

I don't think any full back can catch Buckley with the afterburners on: the main trouble is that runs out of pitch.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Giggs had hamstring problems early in his career and overcame them, so Buckley is a potential asset with more pace than any Albion player ever.

A gamble though as if he has to nurse his hamstrings as he would not be able to play at full strength in the training/practice matches. ???

Leeds is not the team I thought would sign him as they already have the ageing Mirco Antenucci who is the same style of player.

Wages at Sunderland w/o bonus was £16K a week.

His ability to shoot or cross with either foot is important as is his ability to trap the long balls instantly (especially from Stockdale clearances).

We must have considered signing him ? I don't like the idea of him playing against us. His pace will make any opposition wary.

I don't think Poyet got the best out of him. I think he would suit a CH team better.

Dry your eyes, mate
I know it's hard to take but his mind has been made up,
There's plenty more fish in the sea,
Dry your eyes,mate
I know you want to make him see how much this pain hurts,
But, you've got to walk away now,
It's over:rock:

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dry your eyes, mate
I know it's hard to take but his mind has been made up,
There's plenty more fish in the sea,
Dry your eyes,mate
I know you want to make him see how much this pain hurts,
But, you've got to walk away now,
It's over

Its a dry assessment. We still need a bit of extra pace and a typical winger score rate of one in five games. Hopefully Manu can produce the goods ???

I thionk other clubs have fast wingers coming through. Helan (more of a full back?) of Wednesday is quick.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Its a dry assessment. We still need a bit of extra pace and a typical winger score rate of one in five games. Hopefully Manu can produce the goods ???

I thionk other clubs have fast wingers coming through. Helan (more of a full back?) of Wednesday is quick.

Pace isn't the ONLY attribute a winger needs. A wingers primary role is to be a supplier pace can help but it isn't the only attribute needed.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pace isn't the ONLY attribute a winger needs. A wingers primary role is to be a supplier pace can help but it isn't the only attribute needed.

If the winger cannot beat the full back or find space for a cross or pass or win a corner two out of three times, there is no point him being on the pitch ?!

Colunga hasn't got the required pace even at Championship level, although the timing of his run against Fulham was impressive, and Lopez didn't either.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If the winger cannot beat the full back or find space for a cross or pass or win a corner two out of three times, there is no point him being on the pitch ?!

Colunga hasn't got the required pace even at Championship level, although the timing of his run against Fulham was impressive, and Lopez didn't either.

So Lopez wasn't successful for us? What about Darren Currie? David Beckham wasn't a bad winger either. None of those had any pace. Nous and a great delivery are much more important attributes for a player who's primary role is to to provide.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So Lopez wasn't successful for us? What about Darren Currie? David Beckham wasn't a bad winger either. None of those had any pace. Nous and a great delivery are much more important attributes for a player who's primary role is to to provide.

How many times does perseus have to tell you ? they are not Will :cry::cry::cry:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Michael Owen did.

Scholes was the classic without pace. I don't think he could hack in the top 6 PL nowadays at his prime.

Just hope Manu is the new Zaha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here