Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The who's actually available for Monday thread

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That's Naylor's hunch. And Rosenior replacing Sidwell/Stephens means he'd be playing out of position.
When he's played midfield earlier this season it was as part of a 4-3-3 or as a out and out winger as a 4-4-2.
Hughton might be prefer Towell and Kayal as the central two but you're right we are short of central midfielders.

The likely option I guess is drafting back Crofts alongside Kayal.

Bit of a risk to start Crofts, if Sidwell couldn't make it through a whole game I very much doubt that Crofts would fair any better.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bit of a risk to start Crofts, if Sidwell couldn't make it through a whole game I very much doubt that Crofts would fair any better.

The last thing we need is a repeat of last night - players in the starting eleven who potentially won't last the 90 mins - that said, we're down to bare bones. If Hughton pulls this off - manager of the season and then some.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The last thing we need is a repeat of last night - players in the starting eleven who potentially won't last the 90 mins - that said, we're down to bare bones. If Hughton pulls this off - manager of the season and then some.

It could be 120 mins, and that's if we are lucky. I'm expecting Baldock to tweak his hamstring again because he has been nursing it until haing to do the full 90 yuesterday.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Naylor in the Argus has just confirmed the available players after chat with Hughton Surprises are that Uwe is back in training and Crofts is a likely squad player/starter for Monday.
Confirms that Connor Goldson (thigh strain), Tomer Hemed (hamstring), Steve Sidwell (knee) and Anthony Knockaert (ankle) 'unlikely to feature"

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ention_as_Albion_lick_their_promotion_wounds/

Naylor tips the team/squad to be:

Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bong; Skalak, Kayal, Towell or Crofts, LuaLua or Murphy; Baldock, Wilson. Subs (from): Maenpaa, Rosenior, Calderon, Rea, Huenemeier, Towell or Crofts, Holla, LuaLua or Murphy, Manu.

while i understand any club taking a loanee like ince or COG would take them until after season (in case of a play off run), now that Fulhams and Forests seasons are over, could the club not get Fulham or Forest to mutually cancel the loan? i.e, we'll pay Inces salary again for the next month in order to have him in the squad.

with such a massive prize at stake is there nothing that could be done to get our own player back now his loanees clubs season is over?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have a hunch one or possibly two of the injured will figure on Monday night and its a bit of mind games..I bloody hope so anyway otherwise it's gonna be tuff.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
while i understand any club taking a loanee like ince or COG would take them until after season (in case of a play off run), now that Fulhams and Forests seasons are over, could the club not get Fulham or Forest to mutually cancel the loan? i.e, we'll pay Inces salary again for the next month in order to have him in the squad.

with such a massive prize at stake is there nothing that could be done to get our own player back now his loanees clubs season is over?
Even if the loan is 'cancelled' we cannot get the player registrations back until the summer transfer window opens on July 1st.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have a hunch one or possibly two of the injured will figure on Monday night and its a bit of mind games..I bloody hope so anyway otherwise it's gonna be tuff.

5bc6ba5b2391dc602e5ab0340f190099-650-80.jpg

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Time for Holla to step up?
I don't know much but for a player who hasn't trained with the first team for a while, he also had time off earlier this year after his partner had given birth to the couples first child, hence him not being involved in any U21 games. Further to this he was doing gym work to keep his fitness levels up but I don't know if he's back in training though but Holla wants to leave and go back to his home country and settle with his family, and the club have transfer listed him since last summer.

Maybe it's a Roy of the Rovers type situation and he comes on and scores a hat-trick but I think Chicksen is more likely to be involved and that says something.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am intrigued to see what Hughton will do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here