Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 4 weeks without a home game, why?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
3 games in October, 3 games in November,( home and away) then 8 between the 1st of December, and the 1st of January.

Bloody ridiculous, but the telly demands it , and he who pays the piper, calls the tune.

Not just the TV companies to blame, the international calendar is a joke.

I don't see how the Telly Companies will affect whether or when we are home or away. I would have thought they will just affect which day we play and kick-off times on a weekend when they want something for the telly.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't see how the Telly Companies will affect whether or when we are home or away. I would have thought they will just affect which day we play and kick-off times on a weekend when they want something for the telly.
My post was more about the fact we have 6 games in two months, and then 8 in a month, whether home or away, and that is down to telly/ daft international breaks.
Do we really need three breaks, September, October, and November, FIFA should sort it out.
If we get a winter break as well, it will get worse.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On the 27th October we play Wolves at home. Then on the 3rd and 10th November, we play Everton and Cardiff away. Then there is no match until the 24th when we are at home to Leicester. Presumably there is another of the insufferable international breaks but why oh why have they not put us at home on the 10th November. This would have at least mitigated against the england nonsense.

Balances out, no away league game for 4 weeks between 9 March and 16 April 2019

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Balances out, no away league game for 4 weeks between 9 March and 16 April 2019
But only 2 home games in that period so not really the same at all. I would hope for a couple of home games a month whilst the season is on. The whole way the season is set up with the breaks and Christmas sucks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But only 2 home games in that period so not really the same at all. I would hope for a couple of home games a month whilst the season is on. The whole way the season is set up with the breaks and Christmas sucks.

What?

In OP you have H A A Blank H and then in March you have A H H Blank A how is that not balancing out

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What?

In OP you have H A A Blank H and then in March you have A H H Blank A how is that not balancing out
Yeah, you're right. Anyway, my point stands, the way the football calendar is set up sucks. I wish they'd play the internationals all in a few weeks and we could then concentrate on real football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here