Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sunderland v Leicester

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
I've nothing against Leicester and it's nice to see a new face competing for the biggest prize of all. But it really shows just how poor the Premier League is when a team like that is running away with it. They are nothing more than a bunch of big (and very well-organised) men at the back, long-ball merchants and runners in midfield and a guy with a bit of pace upfront. The only player who could possibly be said to be top-quality is Mahrez. I don't expect everyone to agree as a lot of people seem to be caught up in the romance of a club like that winning the league, but in reality their style is awful to watch and very limited. Nonetheless, they will be worthy winners simply because every single one of the big clubs is currently a joke.

I, for one, think you've called that right. I don't begrudge Leicester their achievement, which is incredible, but the planets have had to align in extraordinary ways to present this opportunity.

I would say it's good for football - in the sense that it should give hope to all smaller clubs, if it were not for the patent lack of quality in the league. You only have to look at Man Utd's starting line-up today. That should be compared with the eleven who are named by the three clubs who share similar economic power: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Even the dysfunctional Madrid can field a front six of Modric, Kroos, James, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. This was United: De Gea, Rojo, Smalling, Blind, Fosu-Mensah, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rashford.

If that's the best the richest or best-supported (or whatever) club in the world can come up with, then it becomes less of a surprise that a team with the work-a-day talents of Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater and Albrighton can be 19 points ahead of them and have fewer league defeats this season than Barcelona.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I've nothing against Leicester and it's nice to see a new face competing for the biggest prize of all. But it really shows just how poor the Premier League is when a team like that is running away with it. They are nothing more than a bunch of big (and very well-organised) men at the back, long-ball merchants and runners in midfield and a guy with a bit of pace upfront. The only player who could possibly be said to be top-quality is Mahrez. I don't expect everyone to agree as a lot of people seem to be caught up in the romance of a club like that winning the league, but in reality their style is awful to watch and very limited. Nonetheless, they will be worthy winners simply because every single one of the big clubs is currently a joke.

Best TEAM in the country for a calendar year. Scintilating midfield duo and a brilliantly direct set of forwards. Disagree completely. I love watching the fab Foxes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Best TEAM in the country for a calendar year. Scintilating midfield duo and a brilliantly direct set of forwards. Disagree completely. I love watching the fab Foxes.

This

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm sure someone would know how much has been spent on Leicester's squad compared to Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea ect? Must be a fraction of these other clubs anyway.

Pretty sure Ulloa has been their most expensive signing.

They deserve all the accolades they will get for pulling this off. Surprised a few people here criticising their style of play to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here