Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It will be interesting who is their number 1 keeper next season, as Tomasz Kuszczak has also signed a new contract and I always rated PIG to be a better keeper.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It will be interesting who is their number 1 keeper next season, as Tomasz Kuszczak has also signed a new contract and I always rated PIG to be a better keeper.

Kuszczak might get a couple of games in the CARABAO Cup, if he's lucky.

Stockdale is superior in every aspect.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Sadly, i shall now remember him for costing us the title.

We had three chances to win the league and f**ked them all up. A whole load of 'what if' comes into play.

What if we'd turned up at Bristol?
What if Baldock had tapped in at Villa?
What if March shot at Villa hadn't gone inches wide?

It is unrealistic and unfair to lump the outcome of a 46 game season on one player who made one mistake in one minute of the 46th game.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well....good riddance to Stockdale. Don't care who the player is, I take a dim view of any player who tries to blackmail the club into giving them more money. I'm sure the deal we offered would not have been a bad one.

I had assumed that Stockdale's departure meant that we had Maenpaa and Skippy signed up and ready to go. Somewhat concerned that we have still not persuaded them to sign.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Yes - I agree.

Given this, its not a slam dunk Stockdale will be 1st choice at Birmingham, and not the incumbent. He'll have to fight for his place the same as he would have to with us. This just smacks to me of 'arry signing a bunch of players willy nilly on free transfers because he can and without really thinking whether they were needed or not - let's face it, he's not exactly a long term thinker in terms of transfers, look at QPR. Without having detailed knowledge, I would have thought Birmingham's need was greater outfield.

A strange, strange decision......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here