Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Naylor says its "edging closer". same words as his Lancashire Telegraph colleague from last night.

[tweet]769069075741995008[/tweet]
Presumably a deal cant be done in time for tomorrow? I'm sure it used to be a 12 noon Friday deadline for the player to be available for Saturday

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
1 st choice defence if Duffy signs could be(?): Goldson Dunk Duffy Bruno

shirley Goldson can't be kept out, stick him at LB?

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Presumably a deal cant be done in time for tomorrow? I'm sure it used to be a 12 noon Friday deadline for the player to be available for Saturday

banned though isn't he ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's amusing that he can't claim Ulloa cos we'd been tracking him for ages, and he can't have Kayal either despite arriving a couple of weeks after he left.

I doubt CH turned up and suggested Kayal so we went and signed him.
You doubt wrong.

Hughton had tried to sign Kayal before ( when he was at Norwich I think ).

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Is he? I thought he's already served a 1 match ban for the red card as he played and scored on Tuesday

Are you a second account for BG?!

No, he played on Tuesday in the league cup

didn't see that so great news just need to get it done by midday then

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I do not believe the £4,5M part of the story. If anything his value should have dropped in recent weeks with his performances, with him wanting out, with fans wanting him out - don't think Blackburn is in good spot to negotiate better deal.

Plus, I cannot see Brighton crushing their record thansfer fee on defender, Duffy. They are not that desperate (unless Uwe is a no-go for Newcastle that is).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do think we need a fourth CB but £4.5m! Would rather we spent it on a striker.

Alternatively 4 top flight centre backs for a total outlay of less than £8m can't be knocked.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I do not believe the £4,5M part of the story. If anything his value should have dropped in recent weeks with his performances, with him wanting out, with fans wanting him out - don't think Blackburn is in good spot to negotiate better deal.

Plus, I cannot see Brighton crushing their record thansfer fee on defender, Duffy. They are not that desperate (unless Uwe is a no-go for Newcastle that is).

They aren't desperate.
They're looking to strengthen their squad and have been signalling this all summer.
He's clearly been their #1 target
It won't be £4.5m unless all the add ons are met (ie: we get promoted etc)

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I have to say that I'm disappointed that we are spending 4m on a CB when we have Hune , Goldy, Dunk, plus White and Bruno who can all play in that position,we should be giving our development team a chance if needed not blowing 4m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here