Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Huddersfield going down is bad for Brighton. Big clubs from the championship coming up may spend big like Wolves this season.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Surprising how unified those posters are in their condemnation of Wagner. They need two strikers granted, but is the rest of the team really that bad? That same team survived last season. Getting relegated isn't the killer, provided they go down with a fight.

I watched their match this evening and honestly they were dreadful, granted it wasn't all their first team but they looked disorganised and pretty much void of any fight. Didn't think Bristol City were much better but they didn't have supposed £15M players on the pitch. Maybe Wagner wanted them out of the cup to concentrate on the league so set them up to lose, but I think he missed an opportunity to give the clubs fans something to cheer about which they really need at the moment.
Honestly feel from here their season is done, think Wagner has lost it and will be surprised if they get past 20 points even if they spunk a fortune on a couple of strikers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Big teams can still come up, no matter who goes down

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

But perhaps it’s good to always have some Hudd/Cardiff types in the PL, so that we’re not bottom of the money (squad quality) league?

If all the entitled (in their minds) Championship clubs and Sunderland got to the PL at once, with owners such as those at Wolves, they might blow the likes of Brighton, Bmuff and Stains out of the water in squad quality.

Many of them have ditched their hated, prudent former owners.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprising how unified those posters are in their condemnation of Wagner. They need two strikers granted, but is the rest of the team really that bad? That same team survived last season. Getting relegated isn't the killer, provided they go down with a fight.

Blimey. That's grim.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Defeat at Cardiff next Saturday and could be 4 games adrift of safety and free falling into the Championship

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
"Kachunga showing all the penetrative threat of a marzipan dildo..."

Probably my favourite quote from that thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like others have said I have grown to loathe the fashionably stubbled sausage muncher...(Klippities best man you know) and Mooy scares me with his pebble head and murderers eyes.

I'm out.

This. Not the sort of thing we really want in our game. :eek::timmy:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Spending big guarantees absolutely nothing.

It shifts the probability a bit though doesn't it. Yes there are examples of teams bucking the trend either way, but there is a trend, a clear one. The teams that spend big, on transfer fees and wages will outperform the ones that don't. That's why Man City and Liverpool are above Cardiff and Huddersfield.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
It shifts the probability a bit though doesn't it. Yes there are examples of teams bucking the trend either way, but there is a trend, a clear one. The teams that spend big, on transfer fees and wages will outperform the ones that don't. That's why Man City and Liverpool are above Cardiff and Huddersfield.

Clubs coming up are not going to spend the money Liverpool, city, united etc spend.....firstly they have to have the money to spend ie an owner who is loaded....Im sure the Premier league dont give them a 100 million Golden hello to blow.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I know someone who doesn't...but then it was a light hearted comment ...sigh

That's fine, I happen to like marzipan, others may not. Some people might like icing instead or they might like icing and marzipan. We're all free to be who we want to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here