Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blame CH for not picking him, just maybe his little outspoken wobbler forced CH’s hand, use him or lose him :wink:

I was actually shocked to see him picked as a starter for yesterday’s game given CH’s naturally cautious nature against the big boys.

Maybe CH learnt something yesterday, that sometimes it can pay to be a LITTLE bit more adventurous in his team selection. And was delighted when he chucked on Knocky and Andone in an attempt to press on and win the game, rather than a couple of defenders to play the game out and protect the point.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I do love a thread where someone posts a silly opinion gets shot down and then proceeds to rant at people. Top work PS,

Hardly ranted, just expressing my opinion and then batted away all the sneers and jeers that followed. And I’m still flying despite the flak thank you as a true Ace does! :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe CH learnt something yesterday, that sometimes it can pay to be a LITTLE bit more adventurous in his team selection. And was delighted when he chucked on Knocky and Andone in an attempt to press on and win the game, rather than a couple of defenders to play the game out and protect the point.

Just a shame he didn't do it 5 minutes earlier.

I'd have been more disappointed if Andone had missed March's chance (he most certainly would have been in the same position) than 9 (nine) CAREER goals Solly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It would seem it's taken a year and 2 injured wingers for CH to find a way to use him.

Many of his critics said 'he's not a winger', they also said 'he's not a centre forward'.
So quite why his critics are now taking umbrage when they themselves have also been proven correct is an oddity.

Let's not let you and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] re-write history. This has nothing to do with CH 'not using him in the right way' and everything to do with Jurgen finding his confidence to play at this level.

What we should be congratulating Chris on is that he has had continued faith and bought through a player that didn't look capable of having an impact at this level, to one that looks like he can make us better.

Locadia has earned his place in that team, and Hughton should be congratulated on sticking with him and developing him on the training ground. No one needs to be blamed here.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

When I spotted Kayal coming out to warm on about the 70th minute I really thought Hughton was going to settle for the point, delighted that he chose Knockaert and Andone.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Not read the while thread but after his goal, Locadia pointed to the grounds and said "I'm staying here". Good to hear and hopefully he will kick on.

I don't think he is in the correct position in a 4-3-3 and the commentators agreed. He scored when he was running through the middle and we looked more dangerous when he came inside.

Hopefully he will start the next game anking with Andone.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Absolutely THRILLED he scored. He was positive throughout which is amazing considering the battering his confidence must have had.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You never truly know what is going on outside of the football itself. I'm not pleading for sympathy towards well-paid footballers, but if your confidence is shot then it doesn't matter how much you earn.

Delighted to hear he played well at Bournemouth and I thought he was great yesterday. Always wanted the ball, pointing where he wanted. Sure, there were moments where he hesitated but overall he was positive with his hold up play and always wanting to find a man on the front foot. On the one he dragged wide I just loved that he faced up his man and wanted to take him on.

Well done to him. Sure, it's a cliché, but if he suddenly emerges as an option then it is like a new signing again. I had completely written him off, not as a footballer, but as a "he will go out on loan in January".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's not let you and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] re-write history. This has nothing to do with CH 'not using him in the right way' and everything to do with Jurgen finding his confidence to play at this level.

What we should be congratulating Chris on is that he has had continued faith and bought through a player that didn't look capable of having an impact at this level, to one that looks like he can make us better.

Locadia has earned his place in that team, and Hughton should be congratulated on sticking with him and developing him on the training ground. No one needs to be blamed here.

Hmmmm
I'm not so sure, as on a level I agree with those dismissing his wing/forward play.

Having just watched the MOTD highlights all the clips showing Big Jurg in a good light were him not playing as a (CH) conventional winger or as a centre forward.
Both of those positions are the only roles he's been asked to fulfill, prior to the Bournemouth game.

That's even without the points we all saw (and you mentioned earlier) at the game, his defensive work, easy passing and reaching cross field balls.

Yesterday and the first half v Bournemouth he looked like a square peg in a square hole and they are the only games he's been used in a 4-3-3.
I don't care how it came about, I'm certainly not saying "well I've been saying all along he only plays in a 4-3-3", because that's way above my pay grade.
But what I have always said is 'he's clearly a better footballer than the player we are seeing', in response to moronic comments like "just a dj", "not even a footballer", "I hope he f**ks off in January" (TBH I thought better of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :lol: )

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hmmmm
I'm not so sure, as on a level I agree with those dismissing his wing/forward play.

Having just watched the MOTD highlights all the clips showing Big Jurg in a good light were him not playing as a (CH) conventional winger or as a centre forward.
Both of those positions are the only roles he's been asked to fulfill, prior to the Bournemouth game.

That's even without the points we all saw (and you mentioned earlier) at the game, his defensive work, easy passing and reaching cross field balls.

Yesterday and the first half v Bournemouth he looked like a square peg in a square hole and they are the only games he's been used in a 4-3-3.
I don't care how it came about, I'm certainly not saying "well I've been saying all along he only plays in a 4-3-3", because that's way above my pay grade.
But what I have always said is 'he's clearly a better footballer than the player we are seeing', in response to moronic comments like "just a dj", "not even a footballer", "I hope he f**ks off in January" (TBH I thought better of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :lol: )

You mean round peg in a round hole?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not read the while thread but after his goal, Locadia pointed to the grounds and said "I'm staying here". Good to hear and hopefully he will kick on.

I don't think he is in the correct position in a 4-3-3 and the commentators agreed. He scored when he was running through the middle and we looked more dangerous when he came inside.

Hopefully he will start the next game anking with Andone.

I couldn't disagree more.

I think he was plenty good enough where he was with the freedom gained from having Murray as the focal point of the opposition defence.
I also think he's technically good enough to assist the pace of Andone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hmmmm

Fair enough. I'm with my learned friend [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] - he has looked utterly woeful in all showings before this week. And let's be clear: he's not put on two Messi-like performances. He was still found very lazily and/or naively offside at Bournemouth on more than one occasion, for example. He has looked like a footballer however, which is a massive improvement on what we'd seen previously.

I've not wanted him to look pony however. I don't want my football club to spunk £15m (plus significant wages) on a DJ who won a prize to play Premier League football. I'm pretty sure I wrote on here that I couldn't wait for him to start banging them in so people could ram my comments down my throat. For Chris Hughton to have more effective options, both of personnel and shape, can only be a good thing, obviously.

I'm delighted that strangers on the internet are feeling smug though. That's what Christmas is for after all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough. I'm with my learned friend [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] - he has looked utterly woeful in all showings before this week. And let's be clear: he's not put on two Messi-like performances. He was still found very lazily and/or naively offside at Bournemouth on more than one occasion, for example. He has looked like a footballer however, which is a massive improvement on what we'd seen previously.

I've not wanted him to look pony however. I don't want my football club to spunk £15m (plus significant wages) on a DJ who won a prize to play Premier League football. I'm pretty sure I wrote on here that I couldn't wait for him to start banging them in so people could ram my comments down my throat. For Chris Hughton to have more effective options, both of personnel and shape, can only be a good thing, obviously.

I'm delighted that strangers on the internet are feeling smug though. That's what Christmas is for after all.

T'was a joke hence the :lol:

There's been plenty worse than you, it's just fun to drag you into it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I couldn't disagree more.

I think he was plenty good enough where he was with the freedom gained from having Murray as the focal point of the opposition defence.
I also think he's technically good enough to assist the pace of Andone.

Predictive put anking (strange) instead of along.

I don't think Murray will start on Saturday, so soon after last night. I think it will be 4-3-3 again as we can't leave Gross out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Predictive put anking (strange) instead of along.

I don't think Murray will start on Saturday, so soon after last night. I think it will be 4-3-3 again as we can't leave Gross out.

Yep my take too.

I do feel sorry for Big Jurg as all my posturing and goading of the easily offended will only have one effect, that being he'll play atrociously and will be subbed off after 20 minutes.

Still we always had Arsenal.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I enjoyed his whole play yesterday. But the thing that puzzles me is that it often seems as though he has set off on the wrong foot, or in slightly the wrong direction and then appears rather ungainly when subsequently sorting his feet out - so you feel that he's not quite in control. And maybe that's why he's attracted the comments along the lines of 'not even a proper footballer'. He was much more fluid when he pointed to where he wanted the ball, and it was delivered there - maybe it's the unpredictable bits he finds harder to deal with - and so the more he plays the more understanding there will be with the others.

After the Burnley game I made a comment to the effect that he had started out on quite a few runs, but no-one had picked him out and passed it in front of him. The more his team mates trust him, the more likely he is going to flourish - as we saw yesterday.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep my take too.

I do feel sorry for Big Jurg as all my posturing and goading of the easily offended will only have one effect, that being he'll play atrociously and will be subbed off after 20 minutes.

Still we always had Arsenal.

I'm delighted to be goaded! It's as good a feeling when a player you have doubted comes good for you as sticking by a player who you hope will and does.

Since I've known you I reckon you could be 1 -1 on your judgement of strikers. :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here