Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea’s finest supporters......

Jan 30, 2008
Brighton and the wider area, our current and past 'firms', and some of our general support has and has always had a racist, homophobic etc element. We're no different in the range of views held by fans than any other club. Where there is a difference is in scale and how deeply some of the more unpleasant elements infest BHA FC as opposed to a club like Chelsea or West Ham, we're not in the same league (thankfully).
well, if you know the current firm maybe ask around
regards
DR

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hang on...Chelsea are no different to any club. I've been to many away games (never at the amex) where we've taunted the likes of Southend as being chavs and called their women slags..Misogyny and judgemental right there. Been to Liverpool where the chants are about robbing scousers and bin dipping, been to games in Wales where the sheep shagging and paedophilia gets mentioned.

Racism is unacceptable (although the claim is mancs rather than black) but every club uses some issue pertinent to the support of our opponent. If we want sterile grounds with polite chanting..what's it going to do for atmosphere??.

Palace will always be pikey and riot monkeys.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Hang on...Chelsea are no different to any club. I've been to many away games (never at the amex) where we've taunted the likes of Southend as being chavs and called their women slags..Misogyny and judgemental right there. Been to Liverpool where the chants are about robbing scousers and bin dipping, been to games in Wales where the sheep shagging and paedophilia gets mentioned.

Racism is unacceptable (although the claim is mancs rather than black) but every club uses some issue pertinent to the support of our opponent. If we want sterile grounds with polite chanting..what's it going to do for atmosphere??.

Palace will always be pikey and riot monkeys.
He *claims* it was 'Manc'.
There is not the tiniest chance it was

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My missus was talking to an ex colleague last night, just catching up as she hasn’t seen her for a couple of years. Mrs LLF asked her if she’d retired yet, the woman said no, and she wouldn’t until her and her husband had found somewhere ‘ less black’ to retire to.

She lives in the well known black ghetto of Broadwater.

Thick as mince.

I suppose this proves it is more a society wide problem, not just football.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Disappointed not to have received another infraction because surely I'm to blame in some way for all this? Oh well, I'm scum and deserve to be off this forum for a long time.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I have a couple of Chelsea supporting colleagues at work who will be at the match, one is a bit concerned because they are two rows back from the front of the stand and could appear in any photos should the homophobic abuse start up. Personally I think we should try and wind the Chelsea fans up as much as possible :)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
In the Goldstone days, it was common place for the whole North stand to make gas hissing noises when we played Spurs. I'm ashamed to say, that as a teenager, I thoughtlessly joined in. Although it was strangely acceptable at the time, or so it seemed, I can't believe that we, or more importantly 'I' did it. Disgusting behaviour as of course is all racism that thankfully seems to be all but eradicated at the Amex.

That's the first time I've heard this claim and I attended my first Albion match in 1959.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
That's the first time I've heard this claim and I attended my first Albion match in 1959.

Agreed. Actually I think that gas hiss business started in the 80s and was common in the London games. Chelsea and West Ham in particular.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Agreed. Actually I think that gas hiss business started in the 80s and was common in the London games. Chelsea and West Ham in particular.

You could well be right or I've had my head buried deep in the sand for past 50 years. I'm sure some people have "brain farts" or reinvent history.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

It's not a claim, it is a fact. Whether you remember it or not doesn't change it. Do you think I am lying and if so, what would be my reason? Do you remember the song, 'Jim jiminy, Jim jiminy, Jim Jim jerew, Waddle was a Geordie and now he's a Jew'? We sang that too, but maybe I dreamt it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It's not a claim, it is a fact. Whether you remember it or not doesn't change it. Do you think I am lying and if so, what would be my reason? Do you remember the song, 'Jim jiminy, Jim jiminy, Jim Jim jerew, Waddle was a Geordie and now he's a Jew'? We sang that too, but maybe I dreamt it.

It is fact? Where is it written down in the history of the Goldstone. For now it is your claim not a fact unless you can prove otherwise. Brighton had six matches in the Goldstone days with Spurs I have to admit I didn't attend all as I was working overseas some of the time. Your "fact" also claims "the whole North Stand" made the hissing noises. I'm not sure of the capacity of the North Stand but would estimate 8-10,'000 when it was packed which it would have been when playing Spurs. So this "fact" is pretty hefty. As I said it wasn't my experience. I'm not saying you're lying just not my experience. Could it be you're over egging it and a smaller group around where you stood participated in this "delightful activity"?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have a couple of Chelsea supporting colleagues at work who will be at the match, one is a bit concerned because they are two rows back from the front of the stand and could appear in any photos should the homophobic abuse start up. Personally I think we should try and wind the Chelsea fans up as much as possible :)

That's a dot on the card.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It is fact? Where is it written down in the history of the Goldstone. For now it is your claim not a fact unless you can prove otherwise. Brighton had six matches in the Goldstone days with Spurs I have to admit I didn't attend all as I was working overseas some of the time. Your "fact" also claims "the whole North Stand" made the hissing noises. I'm not sure of the capacity of the North Stand but would estimate 8-10,'000 when it was packed which it would have been when playing Spurs. So this "fact" is pretty hefty. As I said it wasn't my experience. I'm not saying you're lying just not my experience. Could it be you're over egging it and a smaller group around where you stood participated in this "delightful activity"?

It doesn't have to be witnessed by you or written down to be a fact. It happened. Whether you believe it or not doesn't really matter, so I bid you good night.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It doesn't have to be witnessed by you or written down to be a fact. It happened. Whether you believe it or not doesn't really matter, so I bid you good night.

I think you're confusing fact with opinion. I know this post trump world is confusing on that front.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The currant reinforced narrative that a significant proportion of Chelsea fans are filthy racists is one I think we should embrace on Sunday. I'd like to see them embarrassed by it through some choice chants from us, along the lines of "goose-stepping Nazis, you're just some goose-stepping Nazis" and "does mein Fuhrer know you're here ? Does mein Fuh-rer know you're here ?"

Its only by shaming and embarrassing this revolting filth that you have a chance of eradicating it.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

I can remember parts of the North Stand making hissing noises when playing against Spurs back in the 80’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here