Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icelandic wunderkid

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I am getting a ferry to Iceland for a 4 week driving trip starting September 12th. I see his team are playing in Keflavik on the 20th September. Might have to go to that with the Brighton shirt on and as the ground looks as big as Saltdean's maybe search him out and get a photo for this thread. They then have a home game week after, wherever that is, and week after that away at IBV whoever and wherever they are. Should get a chance to see one of those games at least.

Looks like he has been an unused sub once so far. He might watch the game from the stands with you!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why are the club so secretive about some of the DS or under 18 lads?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
B

I am getting a ferry to Iceland for a 4 week driving trip starting September 12th. I see his team are playing in Keflavik on the 20th September. Might have to go to that with the Brighton shirt on and as the ground looks as big as Saltdean's maybe search him out and get a photo for this thread. They then have a home game week after, wherever that is, and week after that away at IBV whoever and wherever they are. Should get a chance to see one of those games at least.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on. I was planning to go to Iceland in October but opted for Sardinia in the end. Iceland looks amazing , I only have a week tho

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
U
B

That would be great to do that.Go for it.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is the other Icelandic lad still with us?

Yes. Emil Asmundsson has been out for more than a year now with a serious injury suffered in the first U-21 game of last season. His contract expired in the summer, and he was given an extension until the end of this year - Brighton & Hove Albion Squad 2015-16 - Contract durations

He was last seen wearing a hat in Nandos:-

Hat.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
B

[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - I am awaiting your Icelandic wunderkid travelogue (and photos) with bated breath....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes. Emil Asmundsson has been out for more than a year now with a serious injury suffered in the first U-21 game of last season. His contract expired in the summer, and he was given an extension until the end of this year - Brighton & Hove Albion Squad 2015-16 - Contract durations

He was last seen wearing a hat in Nandos:-

View attachment 68073

I was at that game - it was a nasty injury and he was clearly devastated. I saw him a few times playing for the development squad and he was getting better game on game - I thought he had the makings of a pretty useful player. Worth sticking with IMO.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - Did you get to see IA Akranes play? I went with my family in July and had a brilliant time. We stumbled on the members area / boardroom and were introduced to the club president and the manager - we were treated like honoured guests. And what a beautiful place to play football!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - I am awaiting your Icelandic wunderkid travelogue (and photos) with bated breath....

Ha Ha. [MENTION=694]Was not Was[/MENTION] has a better report. Leaving on ferry this evening. Ragnar did not play as you said and so I went to pub in Reykjavik to watch England Wales rugby. Visited Arkanes and it is a sporty town producing many male and female international footballers. On the Wednesday Ragnar scored twice to help U17 Iceland team come back from 2-1 down in Slovakia and win 4-2.

Met the Valur team at a ferry port waiting for a ferry for their game against Westman Islands. They all knew our Wunderkid and spoke highly of him. Well spotted.

As to photos I can only offer waterfalls, volcanoes and fjords. Sorry. Maybe I will meet him in Nando's?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here