Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A27 Census

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
right now i cant think of anything more mind numbingly stupid as a traffic census carried out upon the traffic. as said the technology exists for this to be accurately carried out "offline" by post, without inconvenience, more accurate (get regular users, don't get arsey responses) and cheaper.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
From Facebook (via a councillor at Adur DC)

The highways powers that be have been asked to halt the census and look at less disruptive ways to get the data required.... Will let you know outcome

If you want to email can I suggest you email loughtont@parliament.uk as it is Tim that has made contact with them, I would also cc your county councillor

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This created absolute carnage yesterday evening as they cut the A27 down to 1 lane. The census is continue for another 2 weeks and will pop up, unannounced, at destinations along the A27. Can we help fellow NCS users and post the location day by day? It took me an hour yesterday to get from the Hangleton Interchange to the Shoreham exit, I'm sure nobody else wants to get caught in this mess.

Got stuck in it for 40 minutes yesterday.... but heck it's nothing....... First word problem....

People who get upset by a traffic jam need a serious look at themselves....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
My relationship with Mr McCartney was somewhat strained. I once wrote to him after his kids had been found travelling on the school bus without a TICKET TO RIDE.

Ticket to Rye. Shirley.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Got stuck in it for 40 minutes yesterday.... but heck it's nothing....... First word problem....

I'm glad it didn't annoy you, but as you can see from the other responses in this thread it was quite a major disruption for thousands of people. This thread wasn't created for a one off traffic jam, but to alert people to the fact there could be ongoing congestion, and as such we could try and be prepared for it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm glad it didn't annoy you, but as you can see from the other responses in this thread it was quite a major disruption for thousands of people. This thread wasn't created for a one off traffic jam, but to alert people to the fact there could be ongoing congestion, and as such we could try and be prepared for it.

Cool sausages, so there is no moaning about traffic in this thread then...... feel the need to defend your thread if you think I was having a go at you but your wrong, however I don't care

As I said it's a first world problem.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

I'm glad that it didn't affect you but it clearly affected others.

There is no need to "look at yourself" for getting upset that something has wasted your time.

"First world problem" doesn't mean "no problem". It is avoidable.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I left Brighton at 7.30 to get to Littlehampton by 8.20 and was only delayed by about 20 minutes, though the advantage of the queues on the Shoreham flyover meant there were next to none at Lyons Farm, Grove Lodge or Offington Roundabout. Don't think I've ever got through Worthing quicker at rush hour.

I had to go through that section at around 10 o'clock yesterday and the delay for the census where it reduced to one lane was less than the normal delay at the normal Worthing bottleneck and i actually go to my destination faster because the Worthing stretch was relatively clear.

They were down by Chichester the day before that too (Eastbound)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cool sausages, so there is no moaning about traffic in this thread then...... feel the need to defend your thread if you think I was having a go at you but your wrong, however I don't care

As I said it's a first world problem.

Yes there is moaning about traffic , but not because it's a one off queue, because we are expecting heavy disruptions for a while. Well done for making a dick of yourself though :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here