Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] FAO Cornwall dwelling fans

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
This is COMPLETELY off-topic, but how is Cornish these days? Used to follow his progress on the 'NHS leg pain' thread (as well as that of our other cancer sufferers), but he hasn't updated that for a while.

Thank you for asking keep on to him about updating but this October he will of reached 5 year clear just incredible where the time has gone . Had a couple of little scares along the way Like every time he phones and says he’s not feeling well as parents u go into panic mode , but so far so good . He now lives in perranporth a lovely small town with amazing beach which u can see from his house lucky sod hope u r well too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Thank you for asking keep on to him about updating but this October he will of reached 5 year clear just incredible where the time has gone . Had a couple of little scares along the way Like every time he phones and says he’s not feeling well as parents u go into panic mode , but so far so good . He now lives in perranporth a lovely small town with amazing beach which u can see from his house lucky sod hope u r well too

Thanks for that, really pleased to hear. And yes hasn't time flown by? And yes I'm fine thanks. I wasn't one of the sufferers who posted on that thread, just tried to give a bit of support.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Thanks for that, really pleased to hear. And yes hasn't time flown by? And yes I'm fine thanks. I wasn't one of the sufferers who posted on that thread, just tried to give a bit of support.

All the support Andrew received was well received many thanx and take care

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
Hi all,

I'm living in St Austell and would very much welcome any fellow exiles to meet up for TV games and perhaps sharing a journey to a few home games?

I keep seeing a car with a BHA sticker in but I've never met the owner!

Feb 18, 2011
Currently Cornwall
I live in SE Cornwall and my son and I generally manage a handful of games each season (normally only one or two home matches, mainly do away fixtures which are generally a little easier to get to). As mentioned previously, it is a long way to any game especially now that we are not playing the likes of Exeter, Yeovil, Bristol and other local teams. Oh for the days when I was a three minute walk from the Goldstone.

However the internet is a wonderful thing and we have watched virtually every match this year although not always with English commentary.

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
I live in SE Cornwall and my son and I generally manage a handful of games each season (normally only one or two home matches, mainly do away fixtures which are generally a little easier to get to). As mentioned previously, it is a long way to any game especially now that we are not playing the likes of Exeter, Yeovil, Bristol and other local teams. Oh for the days when I was a three minute walk from the Goldstone.

However the internet is a wonderful thing and we have watched virtually every match this year although not always with English commentary.

Cardiff this season could be realistic?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I live near Helston when I'm in England. Might as well be Borneo, it is one hell of a way to Brighton or anywhere. But then I'm used to being an exile. You can fly Newquay-Gatwick on flybe, which does take a lot of the drag out of the journey, and cheaper too if just one of you

Great place to live though, so much life and vitality in Cornwall, kicks sleepy Devon's arse. When the sun is shining there is nowhere I'd rather be.

If you do do it we should meet up when we're on the telly

Completely disagree, but carry on.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Are there many of you down that end of the country?

Got a strong possibility of a job down there; so was wondering what it's like supporting the team from so far away?
Obviously a b*stard drive for home games (and away's) - but does anyone do it regularly with any tips/advice?
Looking at living around the Truro area, so not a problem for TV games (I hope) - but would rather be there if feasible?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, only just spotted this thread, thanks to today's posts. I retired to Truro five years ago. Getting back to Sussex is definitely a pain.

So, have you decided on the job yet?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Which pubs are good for football in Truro? I've only really ventured into the Lemon Quay area

Truro would trump St Austell for a night out anyway so I'm game

Bunters have cheap beer (£2) and multiple screens. The live bands can sometimes make it difficult to hear the commentary!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Was that pub The Watering Hole on the beach at Perrenporth?
We met up with Cornish Seagull for the Liverpool FA Cup match a few years back.
What a pub that is BTW especially in the summer.

The owners of the Watering Hole are opening two new venues about 100 yards along the beach, I had to audit work there. I got back yesterday but I have to go down there on business a lot.

The A30 the Duracell of roads, it goes on and on and on

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
The owners of the Watering Hole are opening two new venues about 100 yards along the beach, I had to audit work there. I got back yesterday but I have to go down there on business a lot.

Interesting. Are these new venues also higher UP the beach? And are they closing the old venue, or putting it on a pontoon? :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Interesting. Are these new venues also higher UP the beach? And are they closing the old venue, or putting it on a pontoon? :lol:

The new ones are part of the new development near the carpark. Very much keeping them all open. Bit of a beach monopoly!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here