Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ITV coverage of the World Cup and football in general.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
They should just go with "Kim". Fair chance it'll be right, and none of us will be any the wiser.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
One of ITV's better tournaments I think. Bilic, Keane, Wright, Neville have provided some entertaining takes on the games thus far, Bilic not giving a stuff about 'the push' in particular was great.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
ITV always have, and always will be shite at football. Even a million years ago when the FA Cup Final was one of the rare live games on the tellybox and broadcast on both BBC and ITV, did anybody honestly watch it on ITV?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Ally McCoist is good. Knowledgeable, funny and informative plus he jollies it along. Contrast Mark Lawrenson's sarcastic diatribe on the BBC, garbage. Overall I reckon ITV shade it, even with the annoying adverts.

TNBA

TTF

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I have just come back from Spain and if you think ITV's coverage is bad.......

At half time they go straight to an ad then back for about 30 seconds of highlights then the rest of half time is adverts. I do not recall seeing a single pundit except during the Spain game when Oscar Garcia popped up as 1 of 3.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As much as ITVs coverage is dire, I still prefer to watch Lineker and Harry Hill on the BBC.
Still no mention of the Albion pfffft :glare:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We're getting something for nothing. No licence fee, no subscription, no dodgy grainy feed. Can't really complain :shrug:

You pay every time you buy a product advertised at peak viewing time. I think you’ll find that’s how it all works Tom.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
ITV always have, and always will be shite at football. Even a million years ago when the FA Cup Final was one of the rare live games on the tellybox and broadcast on both BBC and ITV, did anybody honestly watch it on ITV?

That is true but unfair for Brian Moore because he was up there as one of the best commentators.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is it a clever backdrop or are, yet again, Lineker, the pundits and most of the BBC sports department freeloading it at my expense in Russia.
There is no need for you to be there!!!!
Makes my piss boil.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
Since I'm watching on ITV Hub, my main complaint is about the quality. Why no HD?

OK first world problems and all that, but this has been annoying me too.

I found a thread on the DigitalSpy forums (from 2016!) complaining about this. Depressingly, it suggests that HD may be locked behind some paid-for option, as it is on Sky. Does anyone know if this is indeed what happened? The webpage on the ITV Hub plus offering doesn't mention HD.

Maybe ITV Hub are just not aware of HD or are openly hostile to the idea :annoyed:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK first world problems and all that, but this has been annoying me too.

I found a thread on the DigitalSpy forums (from 2016!) complaining about this. Depressingly, it suggests that HD may be locked behind some paid-for option, as it is on Sky. Does anyone know if this is indeed what happened? The webpage on the ITV Hub plus offering doesn't mention HD.

Maybe ITV Hub are just not aware of HD or are openly hostile to the idea :annoyed:

Or they're too mingey to pay for all the additional bandwidth HD requires.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here