Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Mori Poll. Ever been asked?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
A woman knocked on the door today asked if I would take part in research for newspapers and magazines. It asked which I ever read and whether it was in print or online.

Took about 40 minutes sitting on the sofa and ended with me getting a £35 shopping card, roll on the next one!!!

She was visiting about 15 random people in our road to see if they wanted to participate. So if she comes knocking in your road, suggest you say yes for a £35 card.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Paging [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]

That's the second paging in a minute.

Ahem. A £35 voucher for Iceland is worth only a fiver in real shops.

I thank you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not allowed to be but my dad was. She interviewed him for some time, it wasn't a quick 15 minute chat

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If they knock on the door, they won't be invited in. Always wary of anyone who knocks uninvited regardless of what ID they show, particularly if they offer monetary inducements.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not MORI but a couple of yeas ago a chap knocked on my door and asked if I would participate in the RAJAR survey ( Radio Joint Audience Research, measuring radio audiences in the UK). Normally, I would have said no, but I love radio so was happy to take part.

They guy gave me a crisp tenner for agreeing to participate and all I had to do was enter what I listened to, and for how long, into a web portal every day for a week.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
If they knock on the door, they won't be invited in. Always wary of anyone who knocks uninvited regardless of what ID they show, particularly if they offer monetary inducements.

We had a letter from Ipsos Mori, along with many others in our neighbourhood, a couple of weeks ago and forgot all about it.
So wasn't altogether surprised when she appeared and she had plenty of ID.

The card given had a fair range of outlets to use it in:- M&S. Matalan. Currys/PCWorld. Argos .Boots. HMV. Waterstones. Halfords etc. so worth having.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes i got stopped in the street for a poll and asked what grooming products i used , they got a bit funny with me when i said facebook and haribos ..........

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Years ago as a family we had our TV viewing monitored. A box was fitted to our tv's and the telephone. In turn we got vouchers each month to redeem. Gifts were worth approx. £600 in total per year.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did some National Office of Statistics survey on perception of crime last year. Probably skewed the statistics as I'm not scared when i walk the streets and think it's getting safer in my area than anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here