Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lush

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Exactly how much charlie are these pony-tailed, marketing w*nkers sniffing to come up with this nonsense?!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There were a few undercover cops who had relationships with women, got some pregnant, whilst investigating activists. I don't agree with the way the undercover cops went about their work, but this campaign is very ill thought out, and distressing to police, and their families.
Not all stores have taken up the campaign.

https://uk.lush.com/article/exposing-spy-who-loved-me

I dislike Lush products in any case, but if I did like them, I would stop using them.

Oh right. I remember that, didn't realise it had owt to do with putrid smelling bath bombs. I assume it's a rather cynical plot to shift their over-perfumed snake oil by creating their own "me too" style campaign. How tacky.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think the point of advertising is to make money, by selling your goods or services and earning a profit. None of this is likely as a result of this campaign, so I don't get it when people trot out your type of argument in these cases.

Thing is, I don't actually understand this. A cosmetics shop is making a point about undercover police corruption. I don't get the link?! Seriously, how do these relate?

I personally associate Lush with vegan, anti-abortion, animal rights, true hugging, ban-the-bypass, CND, hippy protesters... the sort who don't use soap anyway so don't mind that Lush's products stink. exactly the sort of groups the undercover police were infiltrating the extreme fringes of..

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Mixed emotions from me. On the one hand it’s poorly thought out but on the other it seems to do the trick. A woman had been lied to, manipulated into sexual relationships and conceived children in the name of police investigations, which I never knew until I read the article. And I wouldn't have read this article if it wasn't for the Lush campaign creating a media storm.

If you can look past the fact the campaign is deliberately provocative, all it presents are the facts of the cases and with aim to make "inquiry more transparent" which is beneficial to everyone, including those currently serving in the force. Sometimes you got to look at the final message, even if you don't agree with the delivery.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I personally associate Lush with vegan, anti-abortion, animal rights, true hugging, ban-the-bypass, CND, hippy protesters... the sort who don't use soap anyway so don't mind that Lush's products stink. exactly the sort of groups the undercover police were infiltrating the extreme fringes of..

Ah, gotcha. Thanks, I really had no idea.

I think there was a Which? survey published earlier this week that listed High Street retailers in order of popularity among shoppers? It placed WH Smith bottom and I think Lush was up there amongst the favourites.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ah, gotcha. Thanks, I really had no idea.

I think there was a Which? survey published earlier this week that listed High Street retailers in order of popularity among shoppers? It placed WH Smith bottom and I think Lush was up there amongst the favourites.

It's popular because it relies on lazy women who don't really know their mates that come in and buy baskets of this shit for birthdays and christmas presents.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It's popular because it relies on lazy women who don't really know their mates that come in and buy baskets of this shit for birthdays and christmas presents.

Nothing to do with the staffs approachable attitudes and the fact that their products are actually quite good? ???

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No idea, I have never stepped foot in the place but judging by the smell it's a right ******* factory.

So how would you know it relies on “lazy women who don’t know their mates” if you’ve never been in? Sure, the smell is overpowering but their skin products are the only things thst have put a dent in my eczema.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So how would you know it relies on “lazy women who don’t know their mates” if you’ve never been in? Sure, the smell is overpowering but their skin products are the only things thst have put a dent in my eczema.

Alright Dorothy, calm down.You're quite right, due to me being male and having no desire to smell like a Tart in a sherbert factory I wouldn't know. I don't really give a shat.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sure, the smell is overpowering but their skin products are the only things thst have put a dent in my eczema.

Maybe you should run their next advertising campaign with the above sentence. :)

I sympathise with you as I have also suffered with eczema in the past, and struggled to find anything to help me when I last had it.
I have never been in Lush, and like others on this thread I can't stand the smell when walking past a shop, but I didn't know they sold skin products that helped eczema.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

How ironic, that this thread could end up in me going in a buying something I previously didn't know about.

What is the skin product you talk of? As a fellow sufferer, I'm always keen to try something knew, particularly if it comes by recommendation.

el punal

And a thread has been started about them and we are all talking about them ? Controversial as it may be, they have people talking about them ! Clever advertising???

Not really. Clever advertising surely is when there’s an end result as people in buying their product or service. Time will tell this campaign is successful or a huge own goal. I rather think it might be the latter.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Alright Dorothy, calm down.You're quite right, due to me being male and having no desire to smell like a Tart in a sherbert factory I wouldn't know. I don't really give a shat.

Nice. If I didn’t think you were an arrogant tool before, I certainly do now :thumbsup:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
How ironic, that this thread could end up in me going in a buying something I previously didn't know about.

What is the skin product you talk of? As a fellow sufferer, I'm always keen to try something knew, particularly if it comes by recommendation.

I’ve used a few as after prolonged use they stop being as effective. I’d recommend dream cream, skin drink and celestial :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here