Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds at 40 have fun on their message board

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good current up to date knowledge

Just remembered, they are still selling their famous molten Apple Pie attempt, so, old knowledge seems to hold true anyway.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
McDonald's Big Mac (214g) 490 calories
Piglet's Pantry Steak & Ale Pie (200g) 496 calories

Big Mac - the healthy option!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Wendys and Five Guys run rings round McDonalds

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Why do people still 'eat' there?
Familiarity - it's because they know what they're getting. Anywhere in the world you go where you may be faced with going to a local restaurant you're not sure of, you can walk into a McD's and get a reasonable burger and fries. Not that I'm saying that's right (or wrong), And at least it's better than KFC (especially the one in Western Road).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It must be a very successful business formula otherwise they would not be a global company that makes a lot of money.

I understand their graduate scheme is rated one of the best in business and the rewards if you work for the company for a long time are very good.

And before you ask, I have never worked for them.

Plenty of people as stated just like to have a go at success, probably as deeply resentful themselves.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
One of the worse things about graduating is not being able to get my free cheeseburger with a meal. (I say that; the last two times I went they still accepted my card without looking, even though it's clearly expired...Not complaining!)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It must be a very successful business formula otherwise they would not be a global company that makes a lot of money.

I understand their graduate scheme is rated one of the best in business and the rewards if you work for the company for a long time are very good.

And before you ask, I have never worked for them.

Plenty of people as stated just like to have a go at success, probably as deeply resentful themselves.

Yes, damn it... I really feel a failure. I have wasted 30 years when I could have been flipping burgers and telling people to bung another bag of frozen fries in.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've already enjoyed a McDonalds today and now I'm going to watch England. You'll never guess what I'm going to do tomorrow....................... buy an Argus!!!!!!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
GOM, try reading 'Fast Food Nation' by Eric Schlosser. You can then make your own mind up. But I warn you, It ain't a pretty picture.
I think this thread will be a long distant memory if I did that. Perhaps you would be kind enough to give us all a flavour of it. Does it concern only mcd or all fast food, and what is fast food ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Kfc is better
KFC, I used to enjoy a KFC ocassionally up until about 10 years ago. At this point many of their outlets seemed to begin to come under owners of middle eastern origin, at the same time attracting a resident following of chavs on the premises.

Food quality was never of a Michelin Star quality, but made a rare lazy night in front of the TV quite enjoyable. Today's offerings are possibly some of the worst food I know! I can still enjoy real chicken covered in a spicy, textured breadcrumb coating alongside French fries made in a relatively quick fry fashion.

What I cannot, and will not, abide by is the poor quality, bland, wet mush that is served in most of their outlets. I kept trying different outlets for about five years, but they were all utter shxte. Haven't been back since.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
MaccyD's? Only good for train station, beer fuelled filler for pre /post match away games. Convenience only.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just out of interest, do any of the anti-McD's / food snobs on this thread eat in Harvesters / Beefeaters / similar chain restaurants ? I ask as they use exactly the same operational procedures - shipped in pre-packaged ingredients, cooked by unqualified 'chefs' using a picture book recipe manual. And you probably don't want to even see how the salad cart ingredients come in.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just out of interest, do any of the anti-McD's / food snobs on this thread eat in Harvesters / Beefeaters / similar chain restaurants ? I ask as they use exactly the same operational procedures - shipped in pre-packaged ingredients, cooked by unqualified 'chefs' using a picture book recipe manual. And you probably don't want to even see how the salad cart ingredients come in.
Err, no!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here