Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The coffee is quite nice...

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Why do people still 'eat' there?

Because millions of people enjoy the food.
It's used as a quick and easy option for a lot of families, a treat for kids at weekends, the quickest way to get a hot drink for people on the way to meetings.

McDonalds gets a lot of stick from the public which I think mostly is underserved. The food is a lot healthier than that found on burger vans, kebab shops etc and the amount of options they now provide gives you a decent choice if you want healthy. They are so heavily scrutinised and audited it really has to be.
A McDonald's kitchen is also usually one of the most hygienic places you will find that prepares food. Training is thorough and all staff have health and safety rules drummed into them from day one. They employ nearly 100,000 staff, mostly young people while they are in education and also provide genuine routes of progression through to management for all staff.

I worked at a franchised store for 2 and half years while I studied, and although it was never a permanent career choice for me, it is definitely a job that I would recommend to others looking for work. That and even after getting a free meal every day for those 2 and half years I actually lost weight, felt healthier and didn't die a painful obese death like people would expect....I still love the food too! :p

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we ask granddaughter where for lunch, like most children she says there or KFC. We have deli of thee day mine is a roll wife has a wrap. We both also like the Caramel Frappecinos, not as good as Costa or Starbucks but far better than Cafe Nero and about 2/3 price of those 3.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I last went 17 years ago. I remember being more hungry after I left and feeling nauseous.

I take it you would consider going to watch the Albion 17 years ago is the same as going now ?

It's used as a quick and easy option for a lot of families, a treat for kids at weekends, the quickest way to get a hot drink for people on the way to meetings.

McDonalds gets a lot of stick from the public which I think mostly is underserved. The food is a lot healthier than that found on burger vans, kebab shops etc and the amount of options they now provide gives you a decent choice if you want healthy. They are so heavily scrutinised and audited it really has to be.
A McDonald's kitchen is also usually one of the most hygienic places you will find that prepares food. Training is thorough and all staff have health and safety rules drummed into them from day one. They employ nearly 100,000 staff, mostly young people while they are in education and also provide genuine routes of progression through to management for all staff.

I worked at a franchised store for 2 and half years while I studied, and although it was never a permanent career choice for me, it is definitely a job that I would recommend to others looking for work. That and even after getting a free meal every day for those 2 and half years I actually lost weight, felt healthier and didn't die a painful obese death like people would expect....I still love the food too! :p

You forgot it's "cool" to not like McDonalds.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Hi Ronald!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here