Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Balldock Ulloa's replacement ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Who is the type of player whom would be a direct replacement for Ulloa? Throw me some names. I am lost.
Messi will do for me:lol: Otherwise anyone German as they always do well in every football competition, even when we beat them in 1966 due to a dodgy goal that didn't go over the line.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why would we sell Ulloa if we just wanted to sign a lesser version of the same player ? I suspect we will go for quick and mobile 3 which, much as i enjoyed having Leo up front for us, weren't his greatest assets

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Messi will do for me:lol: Otherwise anyone German as they always do well in every football competition, even when we beat them in 1966 due to a dodgy goal that didn't go over the line.

I assume you don't remember Dirk Lehmann?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Dodgy goal....so 4-2 becomes 3-2...er ...who won then ?
Erm ball hits the cross bar still 2-2. All the germans dont chase an equaliser in the last minute to set up they think its all over it is now. Maybe Germany would have won on penaltys, we seen that before.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Erm ball hits the cross bar still 2-2. All the germans dont chase an equaliser in the last minute to set up they think its all over it is now. Maybe Germany would have won on penaltys, we seen that before.

No penalty shoot outs in 1966.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Have we actually signed him then?
Have been occupied by 2 day old baby so not fully up to date with things!
No just an argus update of interest which they think will happen, they usually get it right.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Why do we have to "replace" players. Especially when we have a new manager who may well play a different system.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Baldock would be an excellent addition, quick, clever and skillful....he's not the battering ram one up front player that Ulloa was though, so if we get him it would mean either a change in tactics (likely anyway) or we'll be getting another in as well.

I'd be surprised if Baldock did join us though, he was BC's main man last year and they are bankrolled by a billionaire, so would be unlikely to accept our FFP type offer despite him being in the last year of his contract.
Unless the player wants to come here, of course.

Seagull15

Jul 24, 2014
Could be a possiblity our time with a target man is over. KLL said to be enjoying a more central role, could mean a front 3 is wanted under Hyypia, as opposed to Ulloa as a front man,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here