Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That **** in the Palace shirt at the Lewes game

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This isn't the first time palace fans have decided this fixture is a good idea to give it big 'un! Back in 2008 there was a similar issue. A couple of palace fans were given stick inside the ground. It became too much for them so they claimed to be "brighton fans on a themed stag do." They went for a pint in the landsdowne after the game, which apparently was being occupied by the BYF for some reason? Needless to say the palace got run out. Then some cars were rocked by the BYF and a fair amount of beer was spilt. Then everyone called it a day.

The only BYF I know is the Brighton Yoga Foundation.

Although calling it a day after running two Palace fans out a pub and rocking a few cars is understandable in the light of the collateral damage to the beer.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Seriously, why would anyone do that and then feign surprise when people called him a c*nt?

He clearly wore it for a reaction and he got many yet appeared surprised by the comments. Utter attention-seeking knob jockey. Surprised if he didn't end up getting slapped even after he saw sense in the second half and covered up. Would I wear a Brighton top to a Dulwich Hamlet v Palace game? No, I'd have a bit of respect. C*nt.

And yes, I did call him that to his face
Your an utter idiot to get wound up by another human being wearing another shirt! Have a laugh, a joke and some banter but you have taken it way to far in your aggressive disgusting language. Get a life!!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Probably, but I wouldn't walk around Croydon in Brighton shirt. I don't expect to see a Palace flag in Sussex. If they had any class about them or respect they wouldn't put it up. Just my opinion.

I have many a time and got barely any abuse. Growing up in the area as a Brighton fan probably gave me a bit of over confidence. I've seen plenty of people get off at East Croydon in Albion clobber after travelling back up and then stroll to get a bus/tram/train elsewhere.

I used to cover up my short after a game however one day had been to the club shop and hadn't thought of the giant Albion badge on the bag. However got nothing near to abide apart from a Dad with his young son going 'Brighton, eugh, never follow them son' with a smile.

It's a game for goodness sake

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Your an utter idiot to get wound up by another human being wearing another shirt! Have a laugh, a joke and some banter but you have taken it way to far in your aggressive disgusting language. Get a life!!

Exactly this . The thread starter seems a very angry man , regarding anything palace , most of the time .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have many a time and got barely any abuse. Growing up in the area as a Brighton fan probably gave me a bit of over confidence. I've seen plenty of people get off at East Croydon in Albion clobber after travelling back up and then stroll to get a bus/tram/train elsewhere.

I used to cover up my short after a game however one day had been to the club shop and hadn't thought of the giant Albion badge on the bag. However got nothing near to abide apart from a Dad with his young son going 'Brighton, eugh, never follow them son' with a smile.

It's a game for goodness sake

I think that would be regarded as sensible parenting on both sides. I've seen Palace shirts in Brighton before. I usually tut and ponder on the cheek of it, then remind myself that it is less affronting than seeing the usual United and Chelsea shirts. At least these folk support what is, or was, their local team. And, as you say, it is just a game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you go for a walk on brighton/ hove promenade most days as we do in the summer and you get many people wearing crystal palace regalia. Shirts, track suit tops, jumpers, tee shirts etc etc. so what?

Personally when the game is on between the two of us ( which is few and far between I grant you) then there is banter and fierce rivalry...a day later it's back to normal life. I have many palace fans I regard as good friends and yes, ok, maybe this bloke was wearing the shirt to be a bit antagonistic, but hey.....

I saw one brighton fan get all apoplectic at a game a couple of years ago at a young lad wearing a palace top in the north stand. Yelling abuse in his dad's direction and screaming for a steward. Turned out it was a Barcelona shirt as he had just come back from holiday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's a difference between wearing a shirt round town and going to your rivals game, that doesn't involve your team, and deliberately identifying yourself as one of "them". I wonder how long you'd last at a Rangers friendly in a Celtic shirt or a Spurs friendly in an Arsenal one.

Either you get it or you don't.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There's a difference between wearing a shirt round town and going to your rivals game, that doesn't involve your team, and deliberately identifying yourself as one of "them". I wonder how long you'd last at a Rangers friendly in a Celtic shirt or a Spurs friendly in an Arsenal one.

Or maybe you have moved on.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If you go for a walk on brighton/ hove promenade most days as we do in the summer and you get many people wearing crystal palace regalia. Shirts, track suit tops, jumpers, tee shirts etc etc. so what?

Personally when the game is on between the two of us ( which is few and far between I grant you) then there is banter and fierce rivalry...a day later it's back to normal life. I have many palace fans I regard as good friends and yes, ok, maybe this bloke was wearing the shirt to be a bit antagonistic, but hey.....

I saw one brighton fan get all apoplectic at a game a couple of years ago at a young lad wearing a palace top in the north stand. Yelling abuse in his dad's direction and screaming for a steward. Turned out it was a Barcelona shirt as he had just come back from holiday.
Brilliant :D .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

That's two extreme examples . If I saw a weed at a palace game wearing a top I would just take the piss .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
also known as grown up

Exactly this. If you are a teenager in your first flush of testosterone and alcohol, it is understandable and, having been a teenager in the 70s, let him is without sin etc. But by the time I got into my early twenties, I had grown up a bit. I guess some take a little longer.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Was cycling on the seafront with my other half a few months back and we passed a parked up RAC van with Palace stickers on the windscreen. Telling t'uther half I wouldn't be a minute, I pulled on the brakes, turned round and cycled back up to the van, where the RAC bloke was chatting to another bloke. In a very serious tone, while pointing at the windscreen I said: 'Excuse me mate, you've got shit on your windscreen.' How we laughed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Quite a few of the Palace staff were actually in the stand at last season's Lewes friendly, invited by a former colleague who was now working for the Rooks.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Hope someone slit the c*nt's throat.

Hope you are being ironic- but suspect it more likely moronic. I get the feeling you are the sort of person who lives their life through either computer games or big flashy films. The reality of what you are trying to joke about (unless you seriously are advocating the harm of another individual ) is probably beyond your understanding.
Show some respect to a member of the Albion family who lost his life to the type of mindless violence you are joking about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here