Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I have a spare ticket for My Bloody Valentine at the Festival Hall on Saturday.

Anyone interested? Please PM me if you are.

Cheers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With no soundcheck as well. I think they may have done that making a line check interesting in front of a full house thing before.

Punk af.

How do you make a line check interesting? What did they do?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting may be pushing it a bit but they used the vocal portion of said check to inform us of the reason for their late arrival and the contents of their day.

Sure beats check 1,2 etc....

I see what you mean. I think it would be fun if bands had to explain the contents of their day before each gig.

Jul 7, 2003
I see what you mean. I think it would be fun if bands had to explain the contents of their day before each gig.

Seem to remember Fish telling us about his day outside a chippy in Islington the other year before telling the same stories on stage an hour or so later. Sure you have the photo somewhere.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Ex were superb, as usual.

They were. What was perhaps more impressive is that, for a band that's been around for c30 years, they got away with playing a set comprising just one old track, the remainder coming from their new album. For most other bands, that's a recipe for a moaning audience, but quite the opposite which, among other things, says something about the quality of 27 Passports.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Living in Somerset in the 90’s, a group of us would think nothing of piling into someone’s car and driving to London for gigs and driving home afterwards. It is motorway all the way so was always a fairly easy drive.

We had tickets to see Ornette Coleman at either the Barbican or RFH. We left at our usual time in the afternoon and had a terrible journey but not one where we thought we should give up. Let’s keep going we thought, we might catch the second set. So despite the hold ups we battled on into the city. Anyway, to cut a long story we parked up, ran to the venue and up the stairs to hear riotous applause and thunderous clapping. The venue steward let us in only to see Ornette and his band leave the stage having finished their encore.

A quick drink in the bar and we dragged our sorry arses back to Somerset.

A nice postscript was the venue feeling very sorry for us and gave us our money back.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
On a mission to cheer myself up I note that Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever are coming to town in the Autumn, nice.

Pretty much a mid period GoBetweens tribute act who play their own material.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Living in Somerset in the 90’s, a group of us would think nothing of piling into someone’s car and driving to London for gigs and driving home afterwards. It is motorway all the way so was always a fairly easy drive.

We had tickets to see Ornette Coleman at either the Barbican or RFH. We left at our usual time in the afternoon and had a terrible journey but not one where we thought we should give up. Let’s keep going we thought, we might catch the second set. So despite the hold ups we battled on into the city. Anyway, to cut a long story we parked up, ran to the venue and up the stairs to hear riotous applause and thunderous clapping. The venue steward let us in only to see Ornette and his band leave the stage having finished their encore.

A quick drink in the bar and we dragged our sorry arses back to Somerset.

A nice postscript was the venue feeling very sorry for us and gave us our money back.

Oops, wrong bloody thread. :ffsparr:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
They were. What was perhaps more impressive is that, for a band that's been around for c30 years, they got away with playing a set comprising just one old track, the remainder coming from their new album. For most other bands, that's a recipe for a moaning audience, but quite the opposite which, among other things, says something about the quality of 27 Passports.

I’ve yet to see this band, sadly commitments at work meant I had to part with tickets. At some point, before I am too old to go out, I hope to catch them live.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’ve yet to see this band, sadly commitments at work meant I had to part with tickets. At some point, before I am too old to go out, I hope to catch them live.

I popped my cherry with them the other night. They play often, and did say they'd be back soon. Toby from Dictionary Pudding (who put them on) did say that he'd happily put them on any time, so it shouldn't be too long. Well worth it.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
MBV at RFH tonigt - always a difficult venue for bands but just a reminder how great the noise this band producess is.

Just a shame we can’t go back to the rollercoaster tour in 1992 at the Brighton Centre.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here