Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilfried Zaha and Brighton racism

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Given the loud noise you have made against Burnley’s supposed racism, I suspect you’ll be hunting down your fans for their actual racism against Wilfried Zaha?

https://t.co/7CGa83OhWK

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
More concerned about those twitter comments from palace fans who claim Bong made a ‘false claim’ - the irony of their possible racist apologist comments will be lost on them.

This isn’t good from these one or two people (although racist is unfair). However it’s also nowhere near as bad as thousands of franchise 2010 palace fans singing homophobic shite - exactly the same, just a massive difference in the numbers.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Good internet at Stoke is there?

Not at Stoke today, was coaching the school team until 11.30. Any comment about the actual topic though? Interesting you can’t seem to manage to condemn your own fans.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Watching on TV, admittedly, and nowhere near the scale of Burnley, but I'm pretty sure I heard Palace booing Gaetan during THAT match.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Where’s the racism ? Do only black men get malaria?

No but this is basically in the same ballpark as the remark Mark Sampson made to Eni Aluko about her returning from Nigeria with Ebola. It's not clever and probably does equate to casual racism. We can't go taking the moral high ground over Bong and then shrug off accusations made against our own supporters. Then we just look like dicks. Poor form.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not at Stoke today, was coaching the school team until 11.30. Any comment about the actual topic though? Interesting you can’t seem to manage to condemn your own fans.

I’ve said it’s not very good. Not good taste. But to use the word racism is a bit strong as Maleria & Zaha both come from Africa don’t they?

Either way not very good, but it’s one or two idiots - not thousands of homophobes like your lot.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

What’s interesting about it. You imply it’s a raciest comment. There is nothing actually raciest in what was said though. Your reading betweens the lines and assuming. As has been said malaria isn’t exclusive to black people as far as I am aware but do enlighten us if you know different
Will add stupid song about a disease that is deadly and is in poor taste

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Let's hope this is investigated and any racial undertones dealt with accordingly.

Bit pathetic that other supporters are trying to use this to excuse poor behaviour by their own fan bases though.

Shows that we still have a long way to go.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
What’s interesting about it. You imply it’s a raciest comment. There is nothing actually raciest in what was said though. Your reading betweens the lines and assuming. As has been said malaria isn’t exclusive to black people as far as I am aware but do enlighten us if you know different
Will add stupid song about a disease that is deadly and is in poor taste

To be fair, it is obvious it has racial undertones and is an embarrassing pile of shite

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
No worse than saying Steve Coppell had VD in my opinion, agree it’s not a particularly pleasant but not racist.
No but this is basically in the same ballpark as the remark Mark Sampson made to Eni Aluko about her returning from Nigeria with Ebola. It's not clever and probably does equate to casual racism. We can't go taking the moral high ground over Bong and then shrug off accusations made against our own supporters. Then we just look like dicks. Poor form.

ZizkovClaret

May 17, 2016
Let's hope this is investigated and any racial undertones dealt with accordingly.

Bit pathetic that other supporters are trying to use this to excuse poor behaviour by their own fan bases though.

Shows that we still have a long way to go.

Not to excuse, just expecting you to hold your own fans to account, as well as others

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

How many singing in the video?
And how old do they look?

Not something I would join in with, but a handful of schoolboys singing a childish song, I wouldn't compare this to Burnley fans.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not to excuse, just expecting you to hold your own fans to account, as well as others
I have, this should be investigated and they should be dealt with accordingly. Can the same be said about you?

Ask I heard from Burnley fans after last weekend was mealy mouthed excuses and poor justification.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

What a sad act you are. Using a video of a couple of kids to excuse a stadium full of your ‘fans’ booing a black player who ‘dared’ to make a complaint about racism.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Pot,Kettle,Black

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here