Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 15th minute round of applause for Preston fan Dylan Crossey

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Tragic, tragic news. I will of course be giving heart-felt applause. Need to make aware those around you if it isn't announced by the club.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Terribly sad.

But I'll say the unspeakable: I don't know enough about the psychology of footballers: by giving a 15th minute celebration to this poor kid could we also be giving the opposition extra adrenaline to 'do it for Dylan'?

If that were the case I'd prefer to find a different way, like a collection before the game.

There. Said it. Soz.

Did you really have to post this? Maybe just thought it and kept it to yourself?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Did you really have to post this? Maybe just thought it and kept it to yourself?

Best not to keep quoting it and dragging it up again then... plenty of people have already made the observation that this was a particularly twattish thing to say.

I will be clapping... it is the least we can do.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This is NOT a precious post, just a genuine question.
What was the response from the Preston fans?
Did anyone speak to any after the game?
Will there be any Preston fans on here commenting on it?
Many other fans of other clubs have done in the past.

The reason i say that is because i have met quite a few Preston fans down the years both at football and on holiday, and i am going to be polite, they were not the most pleasant people i have met.
I hope they prove me hopelessly wrong, we did not have to do this but as usual it seems we did the right thing and our fans stepped up to the occasion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is NOT a precious post, just a genuine question.
What was the response from the Preston fans?
Did anyone speak to any after the game?
Will there be any Preston fans on here commenting on it?
Many other fans of other clubs have done in the past.

The reason i say that is because i have met quite a few Preston fans down the years both at football and on holiday, and i am going to be polite, they were not the most pleasant people i have met.
I hope they prove me hopelessly wrong, we did not have to do this but as usual it seems we did the right thing and our fans stepped up to the occasion.

And the bit in bold is all that matters really.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
And the bit in bold is all that matters really.

Very true, i am not being precious, honest guv.
But i think many Brighton fans would respond in thanks, like many fans have done in the past to us.
My only thought is are they actually nicer than my preconceived view on them.

Oh, also watching the Palace game, Zaha has just taken the most ridiculous dive,.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very true, i am not being precious, honest guv.
But i think many Brighton fans would respond in thanks, like many fans have done in the past to us.
My only thought is are they actually nicer than my preconceived view on them.

How on EARTH were they supposed to respond? Clap the Albion fans for a further minute? I guess if you're really that bothered, go check out the PNE messageboard (assuming they have such a thing). It was one minute, immaculately observed by both sets of supporters and our club. Doesn't really need any more validation than that shirley?

Oh, also watching the Palace game, Zaha has just taken the most ridiculous dive,.

Are you sure? I find that pretty hard to believe. Have you been DRINKING? ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Having lived up North for a long time, I just chuckle at the "have they got the internet there yet?" etc posts.

However, the Preston forum thread about this lovely gesture only had six posts on it the other day. So I wouldn't hold your breath if you're expecting their fans to post on here.

Doesn't really matter anyway does it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How on EARTH were they supposed to respond? Clap the Albion fans for a further minute? I guess if you're really that bothered, go check out the PNE messageboard (assuming they have such a thing). It was one minute, immaculately observed by both sets of supporters and our club. Doesn't really need any more validation than that shirley?

Are you sure? I find that pretty hard to believe. Have you been DRINKING? ???

Yes. Been at Plymouth v Portsmouth, in the players lounge afterwards, full of Tribute.
But it really was not how i meant it, it was purely to suss out if they were grateful for what the club and fans did for this poor lad, i was keen to say that i was not being precious but can understand if that is how its coming across.
If the roles were reversed i would be very appreciative and would make a point of thanking them, i think many of us would. i just wanted to see if my thoughts about Preston fans were right or not.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from the PNE forum's match day thread

FootballcrazyP_ Applause for Dylan Crossey, by all in the Ground. R.I.P Dylan

raefil Great round of applause for dylan Crossley. Brighton fans I doff my cap to you all

shabbagaz Certainly sounds quite rapturous thank you Brighton fans.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I sat next to a fella with, I presume, his about 10 year old son. The lad clapped but he didn't once. Weird.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes. Been at Plymouth v Portsmouth, in the players lounge afterwards, full of Tribute.
But it really was not how i meant it, it was purely to suss out if they were grateful for what the club and fans did for this poor lad, i was keen to say that i was not being precious but can understand if that is how its coming across.
If the roles were reversed i would be very appreciative and would make a point of thanking them, i think many of us would. i just wanted to see if my thoughts about Preston fans were right or not.

There were quite a few tweets from PNE fans of appreciation, and calling us class.

Thankyou

Oct 15, 2016
The minutes applause was very well respected and very much appreciated. It did make a difference, no matter how small it may appear. It was also a very nice touch to have the staff serving refreshments in the away end wearing North End tops - I trust we charged full price for them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here