Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] If you could travel back in time just once for one week where and when would you go to?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Spring 1982. Would have spent the last 3 months before moving to Canada at a mate's place. Instead of getting married.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
August 1976 to see the gig at the Screen on the Green in Islington to see the Sex pistols , Clash and Buzzcocks all on the same bill.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Either 16 November 1979 or 14 December 1979 to have the experience of listening to a favourite album for the first time again, and spending the rest of the week continuing playing the album to become immersed in the music

Oh and for the November week to experience the 1-0 win at Forest again, and for December to see the 3-1 at Wolves again with the Peter Ward hattrick

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ok, but that's my final concession. So to be clear you can have hair, sandwiches, a torch and a flask. You will have to return the hair when you get back. You can keep the torch and the flask.

Ok I’ve thought about this, I am my age now, with a flat top quiff (Thanks Marlow, gives me that extra bit of confidence, although I’m not allowed to kill anyone) I’ve decided I would go back to 1974 Brighton Road, Worthing foster home....

I would tell my gran it’s ok, it’s not her fault she can’t look after me anymore as she drops me off at the foster home and that I understand and actually tell her I love her so much,(I don’t think I ever did)
I would later go into my room later that day I was dropped off, give myself a hug and tell me that everything will ultimately be ok, and make me a peanut butter sandwich from my backpack , and a pour a hot chocolate from my flask and watch the sea roll in with rain beating against the glass....

Later when I’d fallen asleep I would go downstairs with the empty heavy 1970s flask & I would find old man X and beat him to within an inch of his fecking life....

The rest of the week we would sit on the beach and dream, that one day we would be happily married with a child of our own and nothing, nothing would harm her......

Last edited:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Ok I’ve thought about this, I am my age now, with a flat top quiff (Thanks Marlow, gives me that extra bit of confidence, although I’m not allowed to kill anyone) I’ve decided I would go back to 1974 Brighton Road, Worthing foster home....

I would tell my gran it’s ok, it’s not her fault she can’t look after me anymore as she drops me off at the foster home and that I understand and actually tell her I love her so much,(I don’t think I ever did)
I would later go into my room later that day I was dropped off, give myself a hug and tell me that everything will ultimately be ok, and make me a peanut butter sandwich from my backpack , and a pour a hot chocolate from my flask and watch the sea roll in with rain beating against the glass....

Later when I’d fallen asleep I would go downstairs with the empty heavy 1970s flask & I would find old man X and beat him to within an inch of his fecking life....

The rest of the week we would sit on the beach and dream, that one day we would be happily married with a child of our own and nothing, nothing would harm her......

That brought tears to my eyes.

So pleased that life turned out OK for you in the end. It seems you had a rough road to get here.

Best wishes to you and your family for the rest of your lives x

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
If you could travel back in time just once for one week where and when would you go to and who, if anyone would you like to encounter?

You can go as far or as little back in time as you wish and wherever you want but you only get to do it once and only for a week.

You can also meet or encounter whoever you like from that period in time.

For that one week you also have the ability to understand and speak the language of the place you are visiting. You will also be immune from death or serious injury.

So would it be Biblical times, tudor times, the American Wild West, the French or Russian Revolutions, Swinging Sixties London, and even watch England win the World Cup while you're there, or would you like to experience the Punk Rock scene because you were born just a little to late to catch it?...the world and time is your oyster.

I travel back to the day your mum met your Dad and s**g her instead - therefore stopping you exisitng and this ridiculous post

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I travel back to the day your mum met your Dad and s**g her instead - therefore stopping you exisitng and this ridiculous post
Oh dear, you seem to have crossed a line talking about my mother like that. If I ever find out who you are there will be consequences for you obviously, unless you care to apologise, but I won't hold my breath. I don't expect a degenerate such as you who harbours deviant time travelling rape fantasies to have any grasp of such social niceties. A bientôt pervert.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Putting aside the tone of your post, I actually thought that this was a great idea for an OT thread and its allowing for some creative and some reminiscing thinking (interesting reading). Beats the crap out of moaning about early leavers, Bong or Locadia.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Why post the above, if you don’t like a thread, read it, skip it....

Why the hate, Why the vile reply....

Why....

Your bitterness and hate in that post, is exactly why I gave up Facebook, Instagram....

Such a shame, I thought NSC could be the last social media place I could hide, free from nasty spiteful people, silly, sometimes angry yes, but spiteful.....

I’m seriously thinking about ditching NSC now, don’t need this in my life.....

I....

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Why....

Your bitterness and hate in that post, is exactly why I gave up Facebook, Instagram....

Such a shame, I thought NSC could be the last social media place I could hide, free from nasty spiteful people, silly, sometimes angry yes, but spiteful.....

I....

That is exactly why I stopped reading the Brexit thread and anything with Politics in them - all becomes personal, spiteful and turns good people into dicks - but dont give up on NSC... some of the humour on here is priceless!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Why....

I....
[MENTION=33745]marlowe[/MENTION] started a great thread, resulting in lovely replies like your first post.

One scummy post isn't going to ruin it for me. NSC seems to have so few trolls (sad f*ckers) compared to elsewhere in 'social media', which is a great achievement.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Why....

I....

Some posts on here stay with me and your one about going back to the foster home is one of them. You have posted on here several times about your upbringing and I honestly believe talking about it has made you who you are ..... one of the very good guys.
Your gran must be proud of you. I hope you stay on NSC .... we need you! xx

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here