Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I agree that he is an improvement at left back but as he showed both today and against Wimbledon is awful at right back so it begs the question why was Balogun who is said to be a CB/RB not brought on top replace Bruno. Why should international clearance take so long in the past it was done by fax after the Country FA cleared it with the club so with E mail it should be even quicker. I do not understand the time scale and how it comes about.

I’ve got no idea how long it takes, but seeing as we only signed the player Thursday evening I doubt the Spanish FA got the request until Friday it’s not exactly unexpected. I’d imagine a national FA are slightly busier than Sussex or Surrey FA ever were especially just before the start of a new season.

The FA still use fax for completion of transfers as the legal world still tends to prefers written documents and hand-written signatures to electronic notification, so I’d imagine they want international clearance via fax too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Twice? More like 15 times away from home. Almost a year since we last won away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in fairness looked like winning.

Can't believe anyone expected anything else. Same team, bar one, same tactics, no shots on target, predictable result. Please can we look like we want it away from home and play some of the new faces. This bedding in shite is just that, shite, no other team appears to do it.

Only missed a few games away last year, this one I will miss loads, unless the attitude/tactics change.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my sons has just phoned to talk about the game, as he listens on Radio Sussex while working and said that Warren Aspinall said he thinks that we should line up 4-3-3 away from home as it would give us greater defensive capability and greater threat when attacking. What do others think?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I’ve got no idea how long it takes, but seeing as we only signed the player Thursday evening I doubt the Spanish FA got the request until Friday it’s not exactly unexpected. I’d imagine a national FA are slightly busier than Sussex or Surrey FA ever were especially just before the start of a new season.

The FA still use fax for completion of transfers as the legal world still tends to prefers written documents and hand-written signatures to electronic notification, so I’d imagine they want international clearance via fax too.

I understand what you are saying but there must be many players moving to and from Spain on transfer deadline day I would have expected them and the English FA to have people dedicated to that task to complete it on the Friday also it must be remembered that the European countries deadline is not until 31st Aug so it would only be fax to and from UK. clubs.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Apart from a very good equalising goal, Wolves are very poor against ten man Everton ( who have just scored again)
They look totally disinterested.
Also some very league 1 singing from the Wolves fans.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ryan, is the only player I couldn't see any fault in today, unlucky with an unstoppable volley, and could possibly have screamed blue murder a little louder at the ****wittery in front of him.

The rest. Tried as hard as the team of 1980 smoking fags and drinking beer at a prep season friendly against Steyning town!

Obviously you're:fishing: for a bite!
If you drop Knocky, on today's performance, you drop the starting ten, except for Maty Ryan!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got in. What a desperately poor performance, on a par with, say, West Brom away last season. Only bright spots for me were Bissouma who really looked class and actually wanted it, and Ali J. March was useless going forward, Murray looked even slower than last season, Knockaert got virtually every decision wrong and his passing was dreadful, we conceded poorly from a corner again and were outmuscled in midfield. Dreadful.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ryan, is the only player I couldn't see any fault in today, unlucky with an unstoppable volley, and could possibly have screamed blue murder a little louder at the ****wittery in front of him.

The rest. Tried as hard as the team of 1980 smoking fags and drinking beer at a prep season friendly against Steyning town!

On a lighter side, I did see a few fans going through the whole NSC library of emojis:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Being loyal to last seasons team is really working out... sentiment just isn’t what is needed.
This is the crust of it:smile:
We had the momentum last season but we have to be realistic in thinking that Murray (older) Stephens,knocky and march etc won't be the saviours.... was hoping for a couple of quality box to box midfielders to compliment gross.
We're a very loyal club and hopefully the new boys will come good eventually but hooten needs to attack a lot more away from home :clap2:

Jimmy Grimble

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just got in. What a desperately poor performance, on a par with, say, West Brom away last season. Only bright spots for me were Bissouma who really looked class and actually wanted it, and Ali J. March was useless going forward, Murray looked even slower than last season, Knockaert got virtually every decision wrong and his passing was dreadful, we conceded poorly from a corner again and were outmuscled in midfield. Dreadful.
Murray should not be our number one striker regardless of last season....:)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I understand what you are saying but there must be many players moving to and from Spain on transfer deadline day I would have expected them and the English FA to have people dedicated to that task to complete it on the Friday also it must be remembered that the European countries deadline is not until 31st Aug so it would only be fax to and from UK. clubs.

It doesn’t matter when the transfer deadline day is, international clearance is required for every transfer between national FAs.

Spainish clubs would be selling and buying players all over Europe, why would the Spanish FA consider an international clearance request from the English FA any more important than say the Italian or French FA’s. Our window closing earlier makes no difference to what other FAs are required to do.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Murray should not be our number one striker regardless of last season....:)

In fairness, a number of the starting 11 wont be starting once all up and running. JI/AJ/FA/MM/YB all will be pushing for a starting spot. Bong/Murray/Bruno/March etc will soon find themselves on the Bench more often than not.

As disappointing as losing a game is, today certainly wouldn't mean relegation/staying up etc....lots to learn for CH, but the key ingredients has to be how to tackle an away game in an effective way that does not entail us losing 0-2 as happened on many occasions last year.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Just listening to AJ being interviewed. What an eloquent and intelligent guy. Definite hope for the future there.

Where did you see his interview? Do you have a link?

Think we need to be more athletic

Agreed - defense looked suspect but tbh, the whole team looked out of sync and struggled to get in any kind of rhthym. I think the squad just needs time to gel together more than anything though. If its not too late to bring in a player on free transfers Morteza Pouraliganji is still available :D from what I saw today I'd rate him higher than both Duffy and Dunk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It doesn’t matter when the transfer deadline day is, international clearance is required for every transfer between national FAs.

Spainish clubs would be selling and buying players all over Europe, why would the Spanish FA consider an international clearance request from the English FA any more important than say the Italian or French FA’s. Our window closing earlier makes no difference to what other FAs are required to do.

I wouldst disagree but my point was that if the UK was the only ones with a deadline of Thursday they then should deal with them as it is urgent and they could then deal with request from Italy France or Germany any other day.like Monday of next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here