Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
This reports that Albion offered £10m on Tuesday and that was turned down, they continued to talk but nothing doing.

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/reading-fc-brighton-liam-moore-15011660

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like no matter what was offered it was never enough....Risky approach if you then get unhappy player in long run....Also, not always ideal as a selling point for the future as players might feel that the club could stop them achieving their dream of playing in PL... ( we got away with it with Dale as we got promoted the following season)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not sure why this thread got almost 140 pages

Ooops - think I might have posted something similar on this thread before ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At the price that is being reported Reading wanted I am sure that I am not the only person who is pleased that he is still a Reading.player

Agree.

Said all the way along £3m - £5m, for a player of his ability. Not as good as Goldson.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Agree.

Said all the way along £3m - £5m, for a player of his ability. Not as good as Goldson.

£3-5m!? Out of interest, how many games of his have you seen for us?

I'm sticking to my assertion that we were well within our rights to ask for that much considering what other Championship players were going for. He's one of the best defenders in the league.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Since we signed Montoya , suggests to me that Liam Moore was being brought in as primarily a RB with the ability to cover.

Him or Montoya . . . .. can't say I know much about either but based in Wikipedia alone. Would choose Montoya all day long.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
£3-5m!? Out of interest, how many games of his have you seen for us?

I'm sticking to my assertion that we were well within our rights to ask for that much considering what other Championship players were going for. He's one of the best defenders in the league.

Live 2 or 3.
TV a good deal more.

I just don’t think he’s anything more than an adequate championship defender, probably similar to Burn, but then we reportedly paid £3.5m - £4m.

Certainly not as good as Goldson IMO.

Re your second point, absolutely within your rights, and as per my earlier post, I am pleased you ‘stuck to your guns’ and am equally pleased we didn’t cave in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here