Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The one up front against Leicester

Who would your one up front be for Leicester?

• Murray

Votes: 200 87.0%
  • Locadia

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • Ulloa

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've read a few comments indicating that Locadia MUST start against Leicester which I just find bizarre.

If anything his performance last night, whilst promising, highlighted to me that he must NOT start against Leicester.

So, who would be your one up front against the Foxes?

Talk about biased survey!

Its Lorcarda for me all day. We will need as much pace as we can muster for this game.

But I would probably play him with Murray in a 5-3-2. Murry off for Hemed to score the third, late on.

But what would I know? :moo:

Last edited:

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I've a strong feeling Locadia won't be in the starting line up. I understand that he looked sharp going forward but defensively his positioning and work rate were a bit sketchy, CH won't like that in a league match.

Spot on. While we have looked great going forward when we have played the extra striker it's just not the Hughton way. Plan A has worked so far and I can't see him changing it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Talk about biased survey!

Its Lorcarda for me all day. We will need as much pace as we can muster for this game.

But I would probably play him with Murray in a 5-3-2. Murry off for Hemed to score the third, late on.

But what would I know? :moo:

Start with James Tilley, as Leicester won't know how to handle him. If he flops, I'm sure all NSC posters will be kind in their judgements.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Murray of course with either Izzy or Locadia playing on the left. Gross usual place and Bong back in if fit. The rest picks itself providing Stephens is back fit. I think March may get one more chance. Only way CH will change things is if Izzy can play right and then Locadia can play left.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Murray of course with either Izzy or Locadia playing on the left. Gross usual place and Bong back in if fit. The rest picks itself providing Stephens is back fit. I think March may get one more chance. Only way CH will change things is if Izzy can play right and then Locadia can play left.

That’s stupid. All his strength was in his hair, like Samson. He’s going to be useless with his marine-grade no 2 buzzcut.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That’s stupid. All his strength was in his hair, like Samson. He’s going to be useless with his marine-grade no 2 buzzcut.

He’ll be able to concentrate better with this new cut and not keep having to wet his fingers with spit and stick thinning quiff across ever growing bald patch. Watch him go now.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Has to be the man in form Murray. Locadia either plays behind him or subs on later. He needs game time to get match fit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You’re responding to a post that says we have Izzy and Solly on the wings and two up front. Are you dropping Stephens or Propper ?

Sorry I misunderstood as AK is suspended and I wouldnt pick March at any time in fact it is debatable whether we would do better starting with 10 men as at least we would know we are missing 1 player from the start.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry I misunderstood as AK is suspended and I wouldnt pick March at any time in fact it is debatable whether we would do better starting with 10 men as at least we would know we are missing 1 player from the start.

March did ok yesterday, particularly defensively and more so early in the second half. Still too weak and lacking confidence. Very harsh to say starting with 10 would be better though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
March did ok yesterday, particularly defensively and more so early in the second half. Still too weak and lacking confidence. Very harsh to say starting with 10 would be better though.

That was obviously tongue in cheek but I didnt think that he did ok yesterday apart from the cross that Locadia should have got on target at least.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
I liked the 433 that last night's formation morphed into when we had the ball. Gross was brilliantly effective in the deeper lying and more flexible role he had. The 4411 to date can expose his lack of pace and he was able to control the game (even) more.

So for me it is the ideal formation moving forward. The question is not 'who is the one up front?' but 'can Gross and Locadia play in the same team?'. And I believe they can as follows:

Ryan
Schelotto - Duffy - Dunk - Bong
Propper - Stephens - Gross
Izquierdo - Murray - Locadia

Good team that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I liked the 433 that last night's formation morphed into when we had the ball. Gross was brilliantly effective in the deeper lying and more flexible role he had. The 4411 to date can expose his lack of pace and he was able to control the game (even) more.

So for me it is the ideal formation moving forward. The question is not 'who is the one up front?' but 'can Gross and Locadia play in the same team?'. And I believe they can as follows:

Ryan
Schelotto - Duffy - Dunk - Bong
Propper - Stephens - Gross
Izquierdo - Murray - Locadia

Good team that.

Agreed......love the look of that, although set up would still be more 4411 to start I guess with Locadia and Jose on the wings

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Between midfeld 3 and front 2 so in a formation of GK - 4 - 3- 1- 2 ?

Oh do try and follow the conversation! I was replying to a poster who suggested playing 2 up front (presumably Murray and Locadia) with Solly and Izzy out wide. So, in those circumstances where would you play Gros? The answer is not ignoring the question and saying 'Go for 4-3-1-2!'
:facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here